Suspension Scorecard; Bottom of 1st, Car 4, Peter 1

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i had to put some weight on the rotor to get it to drop. I basically just kept pushing it down and eventually i got it to have enough room to move. If i had someone to help, it would have been easy. It's also pretty challenging to get everything back in the first time on these cars. Every other car seemed i've worked on seemed to go back together very simply. I had trouble on my first two and had to grab my friend to help. Now i can do it myself though.

[email protected].

Reaction score
A good friend owns a Goodyear shop (which is where I'm going for the alignment and tire-mounting once I'm done) and one of his mechanics made himself a custom pry-bar just for these suspensions. He said it holds onto the lower control arm, and the long handle has a bend to it so that it'll get enough leverage before it hits the ground. So that'll be my next move. Once I have the tool in hand and know it works, I'll post some pics.

Saturday's the day. The AMR coilovers are too pretty to have laying around in boxes. They keep calling my name every day, "Peter, you bozo, put us on the car...." :)

Apart from all the frustration last Saturday, I'm glad to have had the chance to drive it all week w/ the new TL sway bar by itself. Quite the difference. I don't know how to put into words what the difference is, but the rear tires seem to be a lot more engaged. They do feel like they want to come around a little, but I think it's more of me being so used to the front end wanting to plow. It's funny, after growing up on RWD cars and being able to point them by playing with the gas pedal, how much I got used to a FWD car even though it's far from ideal. It definitely stays flatter w/ the new sway bar. Highly recommended mod!

Back