Talontsiawd's 2002 Ex Coupe 5 speed (Updated 7/8/06)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
good god. thats a clean engine bay. I can cook breakfast on and then eat of that heatshield!!

I know youre stance on keeping the engine stock, but at least remove the resonator! once you take it out and see that useless, heavy, air flow disturbing, heat soaking, power robbing contraption youll be glad.
Well, the one thing i plan to get is an intake. Probably an AEM short ram. I have no problem with modding the engine, just none of it does much :D . I love the sound of my bro's aem cold air intake on his 5th gen, i may have to go with that.

Twobit

Reaction score
Nice man, next additions...suspension/wheels :) those wheels are a sore :-\

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Twobit said:
Nice man, next additions...suspension/wheels :) those wheels are a sore :-\
It's on prokits, the springs have settle since the pictures. Rims are in the near future, i'm just gathering funds. I was going for some gramlights but i spent it on a nitro rc car :huh: I'll have something though. My stock (yes, stock, oem) tires are on there last leg so december/january is going to be it.

I don't know why everyone hates on the wheels though. They are my favorite non v6 6th gen wheels for sure. Plus my car doesn't get that much attention which is actually nice for me personally.

theaccordian

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Well, the one thing i plan to get is an intake. Probably an AEM short ram. I have no problem with modding the engine, just none of it does much :D . I love the sound of my bro's aem cold air intake on his 5th gen, i may have to go with that.

Ive had the top of the line V2 that had a great roar and felt substantial gains coming from a compleltely "stock" airbox with resonator, but I recently converted back to my stock air box w/ opened inlet and kn drop in filter, all I gottaa say is, I forgot how much I LOVE drving with a low end. I dont think the V2, gains wise is much better that my modded airbox, too me anyway. and this is coming from an aem fanboy, read the arguments ive had in intake threads in the past defending brands like aem and injen and have a good laugh. I was so naive back then....

But if sound is all you want AEM SR ftw. :thumbsup:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I hate to admitt it but it's like 50% looks, 25% sound, 25% performance. I just hate plastic. And my bro's sounds so good. I didn't really care til he took of his exhaust. I'll probably ditch the resonator, low on cash right now. How do you plug the hole?

theaccordian

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
I hate to admitt it but it's like 50% looks, 25% sound, 25% performance. I just hate plastic. And my bro's sounds so good. I didn't really care til he took of his exhaust. I'll probably ditch the resonator, low on cash right now. How do you plug the hole?

what hole?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Isn't the resonator attached to the intake? Like a little plastic box? I should just look under the hood, lol. I think i'm thinking of my talon where i had this huge box before the intercooler.

Jeffro

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Isn't the resonator attached to the intake? Like a little plastic box? I should just look under the hood, lol. I think i'm thinking of my talon where i had this huge box before the intercooler.

Ya, the resonator is a big plastic box, and it's "inside" the front bumper, so you can't really see it from under the hood. If you look at your filter box, and follow it down, you'll see the hole through which the resonator is attached...

WillT.

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
I was going for some gramlights but i spent it on a nitro rc car

Man, it is so easy to spend a lot of money on those things. I used to be really involved with them.

Anyways, back on topic. You should definitely take out your resonator if you haven't already. It really makes the engine sound so much better.
Here is a DIY if you're interested:
http://www.filtsai.com/accord/AEM-CAI/installation.php

theaccordian

Reaction score
take it out :furious:

CAI-14_intake_system_full.jpg

Back