Tein Street Advance Coilovers

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
My Tein Street Advance Coilovers just came in right now and I was trying to adjust the height before I get them installed. My question is, am I adjusting preload while im adjusting the height? I read on other forums that that these are adjusted at the same time when adjusting the height on these coilovers but in the back of teins manual, it states "If negative pre-load is applied to the spring, there can be damage to the damper". There are also only 2 perches on these coilovers. Sorry for the noobish questions, first time going low and dont want to mess anything up.

Varnell

Reaction score
Nope, Teins only allow you to adjust the height. The springs are also tapered, which means you can't just buy regular Swift springs to stiffen them up.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Yeah it has!!! I contacted Godspeed to ask a few questions and at first they were answering my emails but them I emailed them and asked if I was still able to get the special pricing they were offering me, $800 but then no reply.lol. I guess they didnt want to offer that price to me afterall. For a company thats bearly coming up, they should have responded to me but whatever. As for the Teins, I heard alot of really good reviews on them and also talked to Sil2DrV6, a member on here and he also said they were great and has lasted him a few years with no issues. I managed to find some on Tunersports.com for $611 which was close to the $600 I originally wanted to spend so I pulled the trigger and now im getting them installed tomorrow morning!!!!

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Got my coilovers installed!!! Have about a 2.5 finger gap but Im guessing they will lower some as they settle in. Drove about 15 miles and the ride was great, felt a little better than stock actually. Will be posting some pics tomorrow on my ride thread and will also be adding to the suspension review thread. Thanks everyone for giving me input and advice through this process.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Everyone that has riden in my car doesn't believe these coils ride as good as they do. Even with the dampening at full stiffness. You'll love them, may not go as low as you'd like, but they ride great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back