This sound is irritating me!

MrRogers26

Reaction score
Well my 99 accord lx just recently started making this sound. It's weird because I can hear it clear as hell from the inside of the car but I cant hear it from the outside. To me it's like a really low pitch maybe rubbing kinda sound coming from my front right wheel. Say I'm drivin with the window rolled up you can hear it clear as day but with the window rolled down I can't hear nothing. And it also only starts the sound say...when I get past 30mph. I would say it sounds like low pitch dirty bike I guess you can say

001Stunna

Reaction score
Well my 99 accord lx just recently started making this sound. It's weird because I can hear it clear as hell from the inside of the car but I cant hear it from the outside. To me it's like a really low pitch maybe rubbing kinda sound coming from my front right wheel. Say I'm drivin with the window rolled up you can hear it clear as day but with the window rolled down I can't hear nothing. And it also only starts the sound say...when I get past 30mph. I would say it sounds like low pitch dirty bike I guess you can say

I'd say possibly it'd be your wheel bearing/cv joint...depending on the occasions when the sound happens.
Some other things to check though is to make sure there's nothing stuck on the pad mating surface, or the dust shield that can cause the sound.

Does it sound like a metal on metal sound, or more of a some kind of bearing growl/hummm?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If it's a low toned hum and the frequency increases with speed, I'd say wheel bearing.

MrRogers26

Reaction score
@ redryder...i was thinkin the same thing but get this.....today I jus discoverd the humming stops when I turn right. It's could be a slight right or a full right turn. You can hear it slowly start humming again as I straighten the wheels back

Back