Transmission Solenoid/IACV

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
So did you have to take out the air filter box and the battery plate to get to one? And the other one was by a radiator hose?

Took off the air intake, battery, and battery plate.
One was right by the radiator hose which was in the way a little but I kinda pushed it aside.

So did replacing the solenoids help the late shifting?

Yeah it helped but I had the Torque Converter Clutch check engine light so it wasn't engaging right, so the solenoid fixed this.

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
So did you have to take out the air filter box and the battery plate to get to one? And the other one was by a radiator hose?

Depends which solenoid you have to do, the shift A/B one is on the right side, mounted directly on top of the tranny just in front (I think, in class, cant check for ya right now) of the tranny dipstick. It looks like a pair of small cylinders mounted horizontally and seems to be the most common one to go. *note, HAVE A LOW PROFILE WRENCH HANDY, I cannot emphasize this enough, theres a hardline in the way of one of the bolts thats not too easy to remove/I didnt want to not being sure what it was carrying...*

IACV, well, be careful not to strip the bolt heads after getting the intake off, if you do, blast it with some TB cleaner and cross your fingers (like me lol). Ask away and I'll help to any extent I can :driving:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
My IACV was siezed.

The IACV has some 5pt star bolts holding the motor down in sloted holes.

Mark the location. Remove the bolts, I used vice grips to loosen them.

Remove the motor, the valve rotor comes with it. Lube the bearings with some grease, clean up corrosion, and reassemble. IIRC the bolts were M4 or M5 screws, I replaced them with Phillips.

Worked for a few months, now it's acting up again.

Back