Tripods

MrLazie1

Reaction score
hi all, im in the market for a tripod right now. im looking for something good and that is within the budget of 50 bucks or less. i guess something like heavy duty to take steady pictures and that they dont come out blurry.

for people that does have a tripod, what kind do you have and do you like it?

thanks.

xx24xx

Reaction score
Honestly you really really don't want to cheap out on a tripod or head for that matter. It will make or break your shots.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Save up for a good tripod. You don't want to put $1K worth of equipment on a $50 tripod lol Worst feeling is when it tips over.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I have Opteka tripod from Amazon and its on sale now...
Pretty sturdy for me and been using it since last year.

Raymond

Reaction score
hi all, im in the market for a tripod right now. im looking for something good and that is within the budget of 50 bucks or less. i guess something like heavy duty to take steady pictures and that they dont come out blurry.

for people that does have a tripod, what kind do you have and do you like it?

thanks.

Are you using a point and shoot or a DSLR?

Point and shoot --> Best Buy, get one of the $50-$60 ones (this will work with a DSLR and kit lens, I did that for a while lol)

DSLR w/ heavy lens --> Save up and get something from Manfrotto, Induro, etc

finch13

Reaction score
I paid $150 for my manfrotto/smith-victor tripod/head combo and that's still a very cheap tripod.

Wait for a sale or something and get something decent, having to worry about a $1400 piece of equipment falling over isn't the most fun to do on a shoot

MrLazie1

Reaction score
so hmm, would you guys think heavy duty tripods are any good or they're just like other tripods?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
so hmm, would you guys think heavy duty tripods are any good or they're just like other tripods?

Sounds like you need to base your tripod purchase on the quality/price of your equipment and how heavy it will be.

Makes sense to get a solid foundation to build on.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
honestly, if you have a dslr, like raymond said, get a nice decent quality tripod. I remember when I had a dinky tripod...I attached my old xt with my 70-200 on it and it tipped over.

It was only one feet off the ground. Save yourself the hassle by saving up for a good tripod. Believe me when I say, they go up to thousands and thousands of dollars. A $250 investment in a tripod will go a long way.

finch13

Reaction score
Also make sure your head and legs can support the weight of your camera with its biggest lens... my tripod is rated at 11lbs. and the ballhead at 18lbs.

Back