Turbo?

• Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tee6gen

Reaction score
So i just recently rebuild my entire long block(f23a4), from the cylinder head to the bottom block. I used the same poston with new compression and oil rings. Same rod with New rod bearings replace all bottom block gasket resealed oil pan, water pump and for crankshaft i replace the oil seal on both end pulley and transmission side, main bearing and thrustwasher. For the head i port and polished and new valve guild seal, used same intake and exhaust valves. My whole point of this rebuild is because my motor is 247,000 miles on it and is to supercharge it but i found out that there wasnt any kind of supercharger built for these motor. So i decided to go turbo. Since i already rebuild my entire block i am on a 600 budget. I heard that these motor can boost 8 psi without any enternal upgrade. My question is it possible to boost with my tight budget and what is a good size turbo for this motor? Do i need to remap ecu if im going 7 to 8 psi boost only? Do i have to upgrade fuel injector?

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Ill help out what i can:
1. Dont focus on boost numbers 8psi on a 16g turbo is alot different than say a gt30 turbo. You want to focus on horsepower goals, on fresh rebuild like yours i would say 225-250whp should be safe.

2. If you carefully source good parts for cheap (alot of it would be used for a budget build) than yes. But it will take awhile due to looking for deals.

3. Good turbo size depends on goals like do you want a high mph highway runner or just something good for around town power. Other members with turbos can help here, or look at builds on here. For the f23 i would say look for something smallish for little to no turbo lag, t3, t3/t4 or big 16g or even a evo8 16g turbo would be great for the motor. Just dont expect to pull 140mph+ highway runs lol, those would be for around town power.

4. Yes you need engine management lots ways to go depending on if you have emissions. For emissions aem is your ticket, otherwise odb1 conversion is what you want. Also factor in dyno time you need it if you want your motor to last.
I would upgrade your injectors, for what size wait for the turbo guys to chime in or look at build similar to what you want. Good build would be turboaccord98 thread on here.
Heres the link : https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/turboaccord98s-turbo-build-done-8-28-11.34551/

Also look at this site for good info on turbo setups
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html
Its about 90-93 integras but has great info in general on turbo setups.

Last edited:

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Hey thanks eclipse99. As for now im just trying to boost around 6 to 7 psi if this build goes good then i am gona upgrade because the head is already port and polish. If the build goes good as plan then i am planing to drop this build with the h22 trany with f22 head h23 intake manifold and throttle body h22 injesctor. So if i go with the t3 or t4 what would u recommend top speed to drive on highway to be safe without blowing motor? Will i still be able to keep my ac unit? Can i use my shock exhaust manifold to fabricate my own turbo manifold, if yes how? Since i have the a4 motor is there gonna be any issue or do i have to go obd1 and since i only boosting 6 to 7 psi will i be able to pass emission? im from cali

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Eclipse99 thank the second link u gave me was very helpful.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
As for cali emissions you will need to run aem ecu to keep it odb2. You could run odb1 but you would need to disconnect the turbo wastegate (basically let it vent all boost) to keep it from boosting during a emission test and run your original ecu (you will need to search this info as im not 100% sure this is all that is needed to pass and im not turboed). You may want to double check with one of cali members as im not sure of all the requirements.
I dont believe you can modify the stock exhaust manifold. Your best bet is get a cheap log style manifold with a center mount wastegate. Look at tge link for turboaccord98 his manifold is what you need
As for top speed i would keep it at the speed limit on the road this shouldnt give you any issues as long as your tuned, hit the tracks to find its speed. Keep in mine the h22 tranny with shorter gears will keep your rpms high when driving on the interstate. To fix this either swap the h22 tranny with the final drive from the f23 5spd tranny or keep the f23 tranny (long gears is better for turbos). Yes you should be able to keep a/c the engine bay has lots of room around the exhaust.

Last edited:

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Thanks again eclipse99. I will post up my cg6 turbo set up when i finish the build. Since i live in cali i have to pass emission and I have an extra f23a4 motor my plan is to swap back when when smog. If i go with obd2 to 1 p28 is there any chip i can buy and diy it myself (im pretty decent at electronic, soldering etc.)Or if stay obd2 what tuner program should i go with? My brother friend knows how to tune, my brother said his buddy said if i need to tune he'll do it for me free. Can i buy just the chip and use his program if i buy the same tuner?

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Sounds good for emissions. I dont believe there is any chip for odb1 conversion, it should be a harness you need. I may be wrong though. If you decide to stay odb2 than you need aem software as i dont think anyother will work with the accord f23. Please post a build thread when you do start your build!

Back