uh... cluth problem please help!

datFo_OLkizzle

Reaction score
so i bought my car 99 accord coupe ex manual and driving it home i realized tht it reved high n didnt go anywhere.. turned around and asked dealer what was wrong and he said "it needs a new disk"

np

so it got home nicely and when i was learning how to drive stick *first time... i tought myself btw* i still noticed the high revs... i thought it was because i didnt know what i was doing.

so when i shifted into i think second something made a very high scratching sound thn stopped.... but i was jusz around the block so i parked up i my house to grab my phone.
when i tried to start it up again... it stayed in nuetral when i put it in first and didnt move... i also noticed a certain smell.. kinduh like rubber burning but idk...
so whats wrong with it?

Erik123456789

Reaction score
yeah that sounds like your clutch, i hate that awful smell. you pretty much have to buy a new one now.. they aren't too expensive but its a hassle to replace.. not sure of how much it costs to get it replaced tbh.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Since your gonna have to replace your clutch.. you might want to look into an aftermarket one so that you have something that will handle a bit more abuse.. I've gotten at least 10+ different clutch kits from these guys here.. http://stores.ebay.com/gripforce-clutches?_rdc=1. Good prices and never been disappointed by them.

Back