ULEV/LEV Tranny Compatibility

Caleb

Reaction score
Hey 6GA family,

I've got a question that needs to be answered ASAP. Here's the situation:
A couple months ago, my daily driver ('98 sedan EX 4-cyl LEV) started having problems with the auto transmission. It is completely done, as it only operates in neutral, reverse, first, and fourth gear. It definitely needs to be replaced. About a week ago, I came across a deal that I simply could not turn down. I bought a wrecked parts car for $500. It's a '99 sedan EX 4-cyl ULEV. It's also an automatic. I bought this car with the intention of swapping its tranny into my daily driver. However, I don't know if I will run into any issues seeing as how I'll be swapping a ULEV tranny onto an LEV engine. Can anyone shed some light on my dilemma? I'm just a 17 year old kid that badly needs some guidance when it comes to these kinds of things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Caleb

Akingkhan

Reaction score
^ +1

Do you know any thing about the other transmission?
As far as the trannys it will swap right in without any issues.

ey361995

Reaction score
All a ULEV is is a northeast and California car with a lower smog rating. It all has to do with the engine not the transmission.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
ACTAULLY It is classified as a different trans. number. It has a california Identifier on the end.

Caleb

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, everyone. Hopefully all goes smoothly with the swap.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea what an F23 ULEV-vtec engine with 213k on it would go for? :p

Back