UnMaTcHeD's 2005 Maxima

Jeffro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Posts
1,563
Reaction score
1
Location
Ohio
UnMaTcHeD said:
You have got to be kidding me. I thought the fact that I need to take of the front bumper in order to change the headlight, fog light and or turn signal bulbs is asinine on Nissan's part...accessing those things should definitely not be that hard.

When my buddy totalled it, it got a lot easier to access ;)

05-24-03b.jpg


05-24-03a.jpg


:beer:
 

ryan s

they dont think it
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Posts
21,493
Reaction score
140
Location
be like it is
UnMaTcHeD said:
YI thought the fact that I need to take of the front bumper in order to change the headlight, fog light and or turn signal bulbs is asinine on Nissan's part...accessing those things should definitely not be that hard.
dont worry, we have to do that too :bash: my bumper removal record is 2min 30secs :D

can you take off the stock intake thingy on the radiator support or does it have to be there? if its possible to take it off, that would clean things up a bit :)
 

UnMaTcHeD

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Posts
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Brooklyn
ryan s said:
dont worry, we have to do that too :bash: my bumper removal record is 2min 30secs :D

can you take off the stock intake thingy on the radiator support or does it have to be there? if its possible to take it off, that would clean things up a bit :)
Duh to me, I never thought of that. You may have something there, I will have to take a look at it tomorrow and see.
Thanks for the suggestion.
 

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Posts
25,478
Reaction score
128
Location
based in: not shared
ryan s said:
my bumper removal record is 2min 30secs :D

it takes you that long? haha, damn.

about cars having all those plastic covers in the engine. yea, they look nice i would say, but to tuners and people like us, theyre pointless and just obstructions. honestly, if i ever get a car that has them, my first mod will be removal of them, haha.
 

Jeffro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Posts
1,563
Reaction score
1
Location
Ohio
Sketch o5 said:
it takes you that long? haha, damn.

about cars having all those plastic covers in the engine. yea, they look nice i would say, but to tuners and people like us, theyre pointless and just obstructions. honestly, if i ever get a car that has them, my first mod will be removal of them, haha.

I agree. Yours looks like it might not be too bad to remove altogether. The stratus, on the otherhand, was welded sheet metal if I remember correctly. I'll have to look at my co-workers tomorrow. If it is that easy, I give Nissan's props for atleast making it easy.

Oh, and I don't have to remove my bumper to change my headlight bulbs. Maybe its just me though ;)
 

ryan s

they dont think it
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Posts
21,493
Reaction score
140
Location
be like it is
Jeffro said:
Oh, and I don't have to remove my bumper to change my headlight bulbs. Maybe its just me though ;)
if you didnt, then your bulb bearings are going to be worn out for sure.

:rofl:

we dont have to take it off for headlight bulbs, but turn signals and fog lights (i think) we do...thats what i meant but didnt say :beer:
 

UnMaTcHeD

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Posts
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Brooklyn
Here are pics of what some other 6th gen Maximas have done with their engine bays;
500000003.jpg


500000004.jpg


100_2447.jpg


IMG_00071.jpg



IMG_0677.jpg


IMG_0680.jpg


IMG_0669.jpg


IMG_0688.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top