Up grades and need assistance figuring out misfire issues

Discussion in 'Accord Tech' started by mikehullaby, Nov 27, 2020.

1. mikehullaby

mikehullaby New Member

Have 99 accord 3.0 and put intake off of a 02 Honda Odyssey everything seems to be ok but gettin a misfire codes new plugs wires cap rotor valve cover modified the vacuum lines to make sure all lines are connected only thing haven't done was get it tuned would like coo know would that somethin I need to get done someone help plz also took to it to a couple import shops they say say everything is all good so some one plz help a brothah out [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. BlkCurrantKord

BlkCurrantKord Super Moderator

Check the EGR

mikehullaby likes this.
  3. Devin Dean

Devin Dean Member

I know I'm a bit late. All three temp sensors: Intake, Coolant and Fan switch should be replaced. Especially if she doesn't like starting hot (within 20 minutes of turning engine off). This almost always throws multiple misfires and could be why shop says nothing wrong. I replaced all spark plugs and checked coils and it did not fix problem. The temp sensors did. Should be under $20.

I have a 2000, the first year they went distributor-less so it could be related, but I doubt it.

Question! Did you also put the odyssey intake spacer on there? Does the hood close? I'm looking for the best (least restrictive)J-series intake manifold.

I am in the future (when I top end swap it) going to swap the return-less fuel system with the return one from J35, though you can do this with stock J30 top end.

REMEMBER: Fuel is the only system that doesn't throw codes. Once a month I use seafoam (whole bottle before refueling) just as preventative measure. Hope this helps!