USDM Rear Fog Coupe

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Hey guys, I always wanted a rear fog, but if my parents caught me cutting my rear bumper they would kill me. I started thinking why not just add to the rear trunk lid light bar. Once i found a thread about a rear fog on the coupe and someone posted a picture of the euro spec accord with the rear fog...I had to do it.

Well I did!

I used a 98 Acura CL heated seat switch so that way I can have my front fogs on and turn the rear fog on or off independently. ( I will be customizing the switch with fog light symbols) It was not a easy plug and play. It was alot of custom harness making and lots of vtec went into it.

Pics because I know you people don't care about words.

image by Keepinitdirty, on Flickr

( i gotta redo the LEDs in the other switches, yes it is on the todo list and yes it bugs the sh** out of me.)

Enjoy

New Pics

( I cut a extra harness i had and used the plug from it so i can always go back to factory)

(my wire I ran from the switch)

This shows my front fogs are on(top) and my rear fog is on (bottom switch)

This shows my fronts are on and the rear is off

This is with my headlights on and the park lights on (outer triangle lights) and the rear fog. Show how bright it stands out

Thanks!

Last edited:

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Thanks man, It got dark out quick so not alot of day time pics, Tomorrow I am gonna get some day time pics of everything!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
this is really a good use of the extra space in the tail lamps (and practical). what fog light did you use?

ironically, i was reading up on them last night. its too bad my coupe doesnt have any place inside the tails.

Got02Accord

Reaction score
Best rear fog I've seen. Nicely done.

Thanks, Really appreciate it!

this is really a good use of the extra space in the tail lamps (and practical). what fog light did you use?

ironically, i was reading up on them last night. its too bad my coupe doesnt have any place inside the tails.

Thanks buddy! I actually disconnected the right side parking light, and then ran a power wire from the custom switch harness and then grounded the left side light to the trunk so i can supply power and not have to worry about running a ground wire. I do loose the 2 park/brake lights on the truck lid, but I gain a rear fog! Ill have pics up tomorrow!

All I have to do now is add a resitor to the rear lights because I have a brake lamp light on the dash because the 2 bulbs are disconnected.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good and I like the fact that its a different way but to me it would bug the hell out of me because it looks like you have a brake light out.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I like the concept...only IMO the fog should be square or ractangle if you will...I thought about making one of my reverse lights a fog.just my $.02. Cool wiring idea!

Back