Very bad vibrations between 50-60 mph under load

INK DEMON

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my accord and was hoping to be able to get some insight on the matter. Maybe a few suggestions on what I should check.
So here's the scenerio... Whenever I'm driving, and I start hitting 50-60 mph, the car starts to wobble extremely bad. It only does it while I'm pressing on the gas though, as soon as I release the gas pedal, it stops. So if I'm going downhill or something, I can be rolling at that speed and there are no vibrations in the steering wheel or anything. It only happens under load. I have a manual transmission and it will do it regardless of what gear I'm in. It doesn't do it within a certain RPM range, just within that MPH range. I have had my wheels rebalanced various times, and even swapped wheels with my homie that has same model accord as I do. And it still does it. So I know the wheels aren't the issue. I don't have any suspension mods or anything being replaced recently, and the issue started a few months back, so I'm wondering what I should check.

Atreidies

Reaction score
Sitting on the ground in park with the engine off but the steering wheel unlocked, do you have any free play in the steering wheel? Or if you jack up the car, grab one of the front tires with both hands and wiggle it back and forth. If you hear any clunking or it feels loose, it's the tie rods.

Fuzz

Reaction score
I am surprised the very very first answer wasn't

CHECK YOUR WHEEL NUTS. Loose wheel nuts will case a ton of shakes.

Atreidies

Reaction score
OP stated that he changed to different wheels with same issue. It could be reasonably assumed that he would tighten the lug nuts properly, either when putting his friends wheels on, or his own back on.

Back