Very weird power issue on cold days.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
So lately I have noticed on cold days when I start my car my headunit nor my 12-volt plug (cig lighter) works. Absolutely no power going to it. Now for the weird part. Once the car has warmed up or at least the cabin has warmed up suddenly my headunit starts working and the 12-volt plug start working (radar detector turns on). So anyone have any ideas or experience something similar to this?

naoandlata

Reaction score
OEM HD? My alpine runs like **** and the display doesn't all show up when I leave the car out all night.

dynasty

Reaction score
i think the wires are frozen or the grounding point is frozen. sometimes my HU is dim but after awhile, it gets brighter. so i think it's the grounding wire that connects to the HU and the 12v adapter.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well the 12volt is OEM though and it's never done this before..neither has the head unit..everything works fine..moisture on the fuse maybe?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
if it is moisture, go to home depot and buy a water collector(?)(its a bag on a coat hanger that has crystals in it that draws water into the bag and stores it). i believe that its only 6-7 bux for 3 of them.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
yeah it gets on my nerves because sometimes I can drive for a half an hour before they start working

Back