Washed engine bay, now all dash lights on

Discussion in 'URGENT - Help Quick!' started by Ham Solo, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Rusty Accord

Rusty Accord Well-Known Member

Yes, I've had that happen while running the car with the alt belt removed (dash lit up like a Christmas tree).

2. Connie

Connie Well-Known Member

Sounds like I should swap in a spare alternator and see if it goes away then. Didn't know that. Both previous times mine went, the battery light on the dash was the only thing that came on.

3. Ham Solo

Ham Solo Member

Forgot to update this, but I figured I would do so now for anyone who has this issue in the future. Turns out the issue was the alternator like Supra said. I got one from my local pick n pull and threw it on. All lights went off and car has been driving just fine. Definitely a good lesson for me, I'll always cover electrical stuff now. Thanks for everyone's help and input!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. Enne

Enne Well-Known Member

Very strange. I've washed my 6th gen's engine bay multiple times and never had this happen. Then again, I use a DIY car wash wand instead of a hose.

This is my car like 2 years ago getting hosed down. This isn't a regular thing that I do with it; just showing that it can be done. Only "precaution" I take is to stuff a towel in the intake hole and try to not directly spray the fuse boxes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUES0j_kTM

5. DarkSideAccord

DarkSideAccord nadeshiko fobz ftw..

cover the alternator, fuse box and battery with a plastic bag anytime u wash the engine bay