water leak inside cabin after rain

cafedelmarfan

Reaction score
Hey all, new member and what not. Been browsing a bit and finding lots of great info.

The last couple of years I been noticing water on the floor in the driver side front carpet. The other day I found the rear driver side soaked with a visible puddle. I can't figure out how the water is getting into the car and only the carpet getting wet. The car has not been in any accidents or anything like that. Any help is appreciated.

If it matters or not its a 2000 2.3l EX sedan with a moon roof. This only happens when it rains the whole day.

cafedelmarfan

Reaction score
That's a link I'll have to inspect that. Thank you. My only thoughts are why is only on driver side, front and rear. Everything else around the floor is dry, that's what confuses me most in that I can't trace where its coming from.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
can be leaking from front/rear/side windows.or the moon/sun roof drain tubes broke and leaking inside the car.you would need to drop your headliner to see.

run a hose on the front window for a while and check inside...so on,so forth.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
moonroof drain.

if it was just the driver's carpet getting wet, the tube could just have come out of the plug connector in the footwell (stick your head under the dash, towards the left side of the car...its hard to miss. since you have an EX, it's forward and above the ABS control unit with the orange plugs).

start there...but since the rear is also getting wet...you'll have to check that the upper drain passage isn't clogged.

cafedelmarfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the moon drain tube. I had a buddy with a compressor feed air into it and found it disconnected right by that ABS unit. I hope that the rear got wet cause the water flowed that way from the front.

fallout09890

Reaction score
Im having this same problem, but its the passenger front side thats soaking wet. Ive ruled out all the HVAC components because it only happens when it rains. Is there also a sunroof drain on the passenger side?

Back