What'd you do to your accord today?

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Funny you mentioned that. I need to do the exact same thing. Gonna get parts and do it in the driveway to save some money.

If I had the know how, I would've definitely done it myself. At first the guys told me not to worry about it and just replace it when I inevitably have to replace the transmission but the leak had grown much worse by the middle of the week and I just said screw it, I'm gonna fix it. Between the mounts and the rear main I spent $1100 on the car this week.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ :boink:

Tried to install the OEM 5spd shift boot on my AT console.

Was hoping to get it done before going out for brunch w/ family, but ran outta time. :p

DizzyP

Reaction score
If I had the know how, I would've definitely done it myself. At first the guys told me not to worry about it and just replace it when I inevitably have to replace the transmission but the leak had grown much worse by the middle of the week and I just said screw it, I'm gonna fix it. Between the mounts and the rear main I spent $1100 on the car this week.

It's good to have a buddy with auto fix up experience and isn't a tweaker AND does a decent job. Get a Haynes or Chilton fix it book to help with knowledge and confidence. iPhone has an app called RepairPal that give an estimate range for maintenance and repairs and also lists parts and labor separately.

Pro Tip: Read the entire section that resisted to your fix before starting work. I have a Haynes and the are very detailed in many aspects but sometimes fail to mention what tools are needed and they will mention to put on thread lock AFTER the bolts are hand tightened. It is so much easier to put thread lock with bolts off the car. Also have another car available if needed to make a run to the store to get parts or tool. If your buddy that is gonna help fix your issue comes over on a bicycle them that might be a red flag that he is a tweaker. You have been warned!

Last edited:

ryannel2003

Reaction score
It's good to have a buddy with auto fix up experience and isn't a tweaker AND does a decent job. Get a Haynes or Chilton fix it book to help with knowledge and confidence. iPhone has an app called RepairPal that give an estimate range for maintenance and repairs and also lists parts and labor separately.

Pro Tip: Read the entire section that resisted to your fix before starting work. I have a Haynes and the are very detailed in many aspects but sometimes fail to mention what tools are needed and they will mention to put on thread lock AFTER the bolts are hand tightened. It is so much easier to put thread lock with bolts off the car. Also have another car available if needed to make a run to the store to get parts or tool. If your buddy that is gonna help fix your issue comes over on a bicycle them that might be a red flag that he is a tweaker. You have been warned!

I have a buddy who is a mechanic at the local Toyota dealership and we've done stuff like replaced the entire suspension on my old BMW and normal things like wheel hubs, ball joints (on this Accord) and brakes but we haven't gone as far as dropping the transmission on a FWD car. He dropped his transmission out of his Trailblazer but a FWD car is a bit more daunting to us. Plus, time isn't on our side as he works 5 days a week as do I. Luckily I was able to drive our old Camry while my car was being worked on so all in all it wasn't too bad.

I knew if I traded this car it would probably be 2 steps away from the junkyard and it's just too good a car for that. Body isn't perfect, but the rest of the car is immaculate.

kn0x47

Reaction score
look at a distributor prices, due to my dizzy having a internal oil leak. fun times

you sure its internal and not just the O-ring behind the dizzy? You have oil coming out of the inside of it? has the car been misfiring or shutting off while its on/driving?

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Sooo my #2 coil pack is dead. Runs fine when warmed up but cold start it misfires pretty badly. Had car running and disconnecting #1 and #3 and it started running worse. Disconnect #2 and no change in running. Gives me a chance to replace the spark plugs I've had sitting in the car for 4 months now. Hopefully don't get rained out tomorrow....

BullAccord

Reaction score
you sure its internal and not just the O-ring behind the dizzy? You have oil coming out of the inside of it? has the car been misfiring or shutting off while its on/driving?

I'm fairly sure. I replaced the O-ring back in April and it did little to nothing, but i haven't had any of those symptoms.

I'm just really tired of buy oil and degreasing the underside of my car.:banghead: if dont degrease it she smokes like a Mother (you know the rest)

DizzyP

Reaction score
I have a buddy who is a mechanic at the local Toyota dealership and we've done stuff like replaced the entire suspension on my old BMW and normal things like wheel hubs, ball joints (on this Accord) and brakes but we haven't gone as far as dropping the transmission on a FWD car. He dropped his transmission out of his Trailblazer but a FWD car is a bit more daunting to us. Plus, time isn't on our side as he works 5 days a week as do I. Luckily I was able to drive our old Camry while my car was being worked on so all in all it wasn't too bad.

I knew if I traded this car it would probably be 2 steps away from the junkyard and it's just too good a car for that. Body isn't perfect, but the rest of the car is immaculate.

You got the same model as me but mine is in Black. Dude, I will give you 50 buck CASH for you car if you are willing to get it to Sacramento, I can give you a bus ticket back home! Think about it (but not too hard). Remember your first decision isn't always the best. LOL then LAWL.

Today I got my schedule messed up and thought I had the kids for visitation but was off by a week. So took my oldest for driving practice. He sake me if my car throttle was more sensitive than other cars. I said it was cuz of the "V to da 6".

Also had the supplies and needed a project to do so I cleaned my rims and tires. Finished up way after sunset but can see the shiny rims. Tomorrow should be a good day.

Back