What's the easiest way to get to tranny mount?

ihaveaquestion

Reaction score
98 Accord LX-V6 Model here, I4ers please keep this in mind :)

Well, I paid someone to install the three engine mounts last week. As a result, the car feels much more planted and steering wheel shake is almost gone now (not entirely). Well, seeing the big difference it made, I placed an order for two tranny mounts which will be arriving tomorrow. I am considering of taking up the challenge this time, but not sure what the easiest way is to get to them. Can I get to them by removing the battery & holder? Or do I have to remove the plastic undercover and work from underneath? The reason I want to change them is because the shifting is still clunky, probably more so after the engine mounts change, which is weird.

Last edited:

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
You're much better off leaving it up to a shop, just my opinion.

Oh yeah, and uhh, why is this in the DIY section?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
because it should be in the "engine and transmission mods" forum

ihaveaquestion

Reaction score
If that's so, please move it to another section, mod.

But can someone give me tips on how to do this from experience?

Last edited:

Snoobly

Reaction score
well he is attempting to DIY...
I would just start taking stuff out that looks like might be in your way. You're probably gonna need a jack under the engine/transmission to hold it up when you remove the mount.
wish i could help ya more, but im a 4 banger :/. Best of luck!!

ihaveaquestion

Reaction score
Well, to answer my own question, and to add some value to this community.

The easiest way to get to tranny mounts is to....remove the driver side tire!

Easy access to both mounts, you don't even need to crawl underneath the car. Now, to loosen those bolts are another challenge entirely...

jdmcg3

Reaction score
if you didnt feel you could take on replacing the motor mounts, then why start now with replacing theses.. i would just go back to where you had it done the first time and see if they cant give you a discounted price for the tranny mounts install

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
OP, have you searched for a DIY thread on this? Also, the ways I have known it to be done is relatively simple. Their are two mounts if I remember correctly and are held in with long bolts. You would probably have to loosen the bolts quite a bit before jacking the trans up to remove them so you don't have any play. From there it should be simple to remove the old and in with the new. I know this isn't too detailed but hope it helps. Please search for more information. A lot of guys on here have done full transmission swaps so I am sure there is a DIY on how.

Back