What's the most you would you pay for these DSLR packages and which would you pick???

arkmann

Reaction score
Which would you rather offer a price to and for how much? There are local sales in my area for the following items:

Nikon D50 Body
Nikorr 55-200mm lens
1 Battery
Charger
Battery
Manuals
Softwares

OR

Nikon D50 Body
Nikorr 18-55mm lens
Nikon SB-600 Flash
Quantaray Electronic Flash
Gary Fong Lightsphere Diffuser
2 Batteries
UV Filter
Charger
Manuals
Software

This time I'm serious in getting an entry level DSLR. I've already decided to get a used Nikon D50. Thank you.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
Re: What's the most you would you pay for these DSLR packages and which would you pic

my guestimates would be like 325ish for the first one...it's missing the kit lens which is a major downer....

second would be like 400-450ish....mainly cause it comes with flash...i dunno how much those are worth in Nikon stuff

also depends on how much usage these have had...

arkmann

Reaction score
Re: What's the most you would you pay for these DSLR packages and which would you pic

Thanks Dinz. The SB-600 flash would run about $125 used. The question is, which one would you buy? I was leaning towards the 2nd one.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

yea me too...having a camera with only a long zoom will be kinda limiting...the 18-55 is alot more versatile...

arkmann

Reaction score

Thanks again

indowanksta88

Reaction score

i been doing some research and i found out the D50 is a pretty old model dslr, the new d40's that are out have more features than the D50 and even has in camera editing options. you can pick up a d40 with the 18-55mm lens for under 500 on amazon. that is the camera i am set on getting over summer.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

yea but the d40 has limited lens choices....the new D60 is the camera to get if going to a new nikon....that way you can decide to stay with the kit lens...or grow into the professional lenses...instead of being limited to d40 lenses...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

yeah the d40 is a toy :lawl: its more like a bridge camera than an slr, cause you cant use any lens you want to, you HAVE to use a compatible one.

arkmann

Reaction score

$450 will be my top offer then.

yea but the d40 has limited lens choices....the new D60 is the camera to get if going to a new nikon....that way you can decide to stay with the kit lens...or grow into the professional lenses...instead of being limited to d40 lenses...

Exactly. Like most DSLR owners say, "Its all about the glass"

arkmann

Reaction score

Is $700 a good price for a used Nikon D80 with 18-55mm and 24-80mm lenses? She had it for 1 year and she's a pro/semi-pro and I'm pretty sure she took great care of the camera.

Back