Whats your MPG on a full tank?

zxtuner

Reaction score
bullshit

no way do you get anywhere near 45 mpg. going 30-35 mph in 5th gear would be sooooooo inefficient, your RPMs would drop to sub 1000 which is gonna strain the engine. Maybe if you were going 45 or 50 in 5th gear.

You're right I am still way off from 45mpg average for the tank. That was just the best I had done on my one way trip into work. I just broke 40mpg tank avg today. Without any areo mods it's going to be difficult to reach 45mpg but I think I can get there. Also I don't run the A/C. I don't roll down the windows if I can help it. And I don't turn on the fan for air. It makes for some sticky drives home but impacts milage when I have those things on.

At 30mph the tack is right at 1000rpm. In town where speeds vary from 25-35 mph if I stay right between 30-35mph that puts my rpms from 1000-1250rpm according to the tack. I coast down hills and traffic IN TOWN when I leave in the morning is nonexistent. On the freeway I sit behind semis at a reasonable distance so that I am able to average between 60-70mph and again coast down all hills I am able to. Also I am able to pulse and draft I will coast down to 55mph and accelerate up to 70mph most of the time it's 60ish and coast back down all while behind the trailer.

Just to point out when I was driving like a normal everyday person I would only see about 400 miles to a tank. I changed my driving style and habits to improve and starting tracking my mileage. My last tank I was able to drive 622 miles with the only thing that changed was I aired up the tires to 42psi at all four corners. I'll take pictures at the end of this tank if you're interested.

If you look at my fuel log you will see the first tank I started tracking I used 14.8gal and only went 578.1 miles. I just filled up this morning and put in 14.5gal and went 622 miles. Weather, wind, tire pressure, lack of tune up, rain, storms, humidity, ect... all play a part in achiving better MPG. I don't know if I will be able to replicate this tank's milage because the weather has been hot and dryer than the past week which really helped my mileage.

Here is a link to my fuel log. You can do the math for yourself if you don't believe me:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-log.php?vehicleid=8406

Last edited:

JV6

Reaction score
2000 Accord Coupe V6 Auto almost 300,000km

I've been getting 550km a tank average lately with 87 octane. 40city/60hwy

DizzyP

Reaction score
I run a 2001 V6 and was get around 14.7 MPG calculated. :sad clown face: which is about 250 from full tank to sputtering. I was getting about 360 on a full tank to bone dry (about 21 MPG calculated) then it went gradually down over the past few years. I thought it was due to age and never really thought about it until I found this thread. Changed out air filter to K&N, SeaFoam in gas and oil, I got new plugs. They'd were pregappped but I checked them anyways and they DID need adjustment. Just changed out the tranny fluids (way easier than I thought) and gonna change out the oil in a few days. Recently had rad replaced too due to leak. Haven't been able to test out the new tranny fluid but the plugs and SeaFoam gave me like an extra 10 mile more. I am basically losing about a hundred miles a tank! If oil change doesn't do it I am gonna take it to the shop to check it out unless you all have some ideas to fix er up. Any suggestions?

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Just did 247 miles and used 11 gallons of gas which equals 22.4. I would say that was 50/50 driving. Just changed spark plugs few weekends ago.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that I achieved 26.8mpg on a tank recently, and that's with some dyno pulls so there's still room for improvement! Sadly, that only brings up my average for the year to 15.0mpg. :shakehead:

Jarrett

Reaction score
A strictly highway drive in my 2002 EX V6 coupe netted 29.6 mpg. It was in December on my way to my parent's house for Christmas so around 65-degrees here in Texas. A little cooler than optimum, but it did the trick. I think this engine with a 6-speed would be a great highway driver. My CL-S 6-speed hasn't done a full tank strictly on the highway yet, but I'm hoping to break 30mpg easily on that.

Drew707

Reaction score
On my last full tank i drove 398 miles until i had to fill up agen. All highway driving very little street. 01 coupe 4cyl. Pretty good if id say.

Back