whine from timing belt

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
Well I finally had a day off from work and took everything apart again. After doing a lot more research and watching videos I figured outthe issue. Apparently the balance shaft belt acutually has to be fairly loose. Not to the point where it will skip teeth but not tight where it produces that annoying whine. So I loosened the balance shaft belt and kept the timing belt tight to where you can turn it about 90 degrees with moderate effort. Threw everything back together and then whine is completely gone.

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
It's usually from over tightening it. My Gsr whined a lot and my h22 whined alittle. Both from Over tightening it. I have gorilla hands. Lol.

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
could it be from the power steering pump too? i just started driving my car again after sitting a lil while and its making that annoying sound even just feathering the gas is does it. i usually drown it out with bass but it still annoys me and i noticed my ps pump pulley has a lil wobble to it?

Darianjr1

Reaction score
could it be from the power steering pump too? i just started driving my car again after sitting a lil while and its making that annoying sound even just feathering the gas is does it. i usually drown it out with bass but it still annoys me and i noticed my ps pump pulley has a lil wobble to it?

Yes it could here's my thread where I was trying to find the issue.
Power steering pump

Back