Window problem!!?

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
So i had an aftermarket window in my accord when i bought it. And the window was kinda slow. So today i put in a new regulator/ motor and an oem window. It goes up no problem, but going down it has a prob. Its like its catching on something, idk... i'm out of ideas? could the track be bent? window relay going? is it the master switch? idk? Someone help out a noob.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Which window is it?
Try to leave the door panel off and let the window down to see where the resistance is.
Also, try using a little WD40 on the trac & connecting rods

Good Luck

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
Which window is it?
Try to leave the door panel off and let the window down to see where the resistance is.
Also, try using a little WD40 on the trac & connecting rods

Good Luck

driver side. Its a coupe. Didnt look like there was anything i could see. i greased the tracks before i dropped the window in. it goes up quick no prob. but going down theres some resistance. Its faster than what it used to be but idk.. its still working harder than it should be and i dont want to wear out that new motor.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Try this

As the window is going down, try adding a little down pressure from the top of the window and see if it will move faster, if it doesn't, there's probably something up with the motor. if it does, then there's some type of resistance

Probably the 5th column......Just a little "V" joke

Last edited:

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
from what i'm told the motor and track are fine. Its the rubber seal that it slides in that its causing the resistance. $30 part from honda. Let you know what happens.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
you could also loosen the 10mm bolt(s) holding the track and widen them just a hair. they could be to tight causing the resistance..what happened after i took the window out of my girls 02 civic.

meximan16

Reaction score
try checking that it's on the track going up and all the way down

Back