Window regulator or motor??

damage

Reaction score
Will it drop that much if it's already in the (nearly) full open/expanded position? The motor died with the windows almost all the way up. So if I unbolted the whole thing, is it going to drop enough to expose areas I need to get to? Or can I fold down the regulator manually even if the motor's dead? I assume maybe no, since it's strong enough to lock in place and prevent the window from going down.

just did this today on my coupe.

theres six 10mm bolts to remove, this will drop the regulator, motor and glass down so you might want to have a buddy hold the glass.
then pull the glass up to expose 2 more 10mm bolts that connect to the regulator.
remove those two and you should be able to pull the glass out from the top.
let the regulator fold down and you can pull it out of hole thats at the bottom corner.
once its out, slide the new one in. my speaker was in the way so i removed that also.
easiest way i found to do it was to push the regulator all the way up and bolt in the window first, line up the window into the slot.
align the regulator where the six 10mm bolts go and plug the harness back in.

this is probably gibberish without pictures, but its late and i dont feel like taking it apart right now. if you still need help then i'll take pics tomorrow and make a DIY. If you're in socal/LA area im willing to help you out. i also bought mine from that same ebay seller with the motor and regulator as one piece.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Will it drop that much if it's already in the (nearly) full open/expanded position? The motor died with the windows almost all the way up. So if I unbolted the whole thing, is it going to drop enough to expose areas I need to get to? Or can I fold down the regulator manually even if the motor's dead? I assume maybe no, since it's strong enough to lock in place and prevent the window from going down.

Once those 6 bolts are undone, it no longer will lock up and the it wont matter if the motor is in working condition or not, you will be able to manually fold the regulator up and down as you please.

After those bolts are out, have a buddy stand outside the door and have him pull the window up to expose the two 10mm bolts (#16 in picture) that hold the window to the regulator. By pulling the window up I mean up and outward as to taking the whole window out of the slot. Some muscle might be required if you dont lift it evenly out.

B__5300.jpg

Last edited:

damage

Reaction score
Once those 6 bolts are undone, it no longer will lock up and the it wont matter if the motor is in working condition or not, you will be able to manually fold the regulator up and down as you please.

After those bolts are out, have a buddy stand outside the door and have him pull the window up to expose the two 10mm bolts (#16 in picture) that hold the window to the regulator. By pulling the window up I mean up and outward as to taking the whole window out of the slot. Some muscle might be required if you dont lift it evenly out.

B__5300.jpg

Awesome. You rock. That drawing is super helpful too especially since it's the passenger side which is the side I'll be doing this on.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Awesome. You rock. That drawing is super helpful too especially since it's the passenger side which is the side I'll be doing this on.

You're welcome. PM me if you're still having trouble. Oh, couple tips when putting it back in..
After putting the window back and bolting the #16's back, keep the window up 3/4ths of the way and you'll be able to put in the two far left bolts on the regulator.
Then manually slide the window down until the middle two bolts line up to the regulator and then continue sliding it down for the finally two bolts to line up on the far right for that ~6inch bar that swings around. If it doesn't slide anymore then pull the bar closer to the holes to bolt it up and tighten it like that.
In my case the window didnt sit flush until everything was tighten down, then it automatically sat where it was supposed to.

damage

Reaction score
ARG. This seller (ebay) keeps sending me the WRONG side. I ordered 3 weeks ago and they shipped me the driver's side and had them send me another. Just opened up the new one today and it's the driver's side again. Ugh.

IMG_20110325_180446.jpeg

Last edited:

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
ARG. This seller (ebay) keeps sending me the WRONG side. I ordered 3 weeks ago and they shipped me the driver's side and had them send me another. Just opened up the new one today and it's the driver's side again. Ugh.

IMG_20110325_180446.jpeg

hahahah i guess we used different sellers then. I got mine from smartpartsaftermarket. Ordered it in the morning, got it same time next day.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-2002-Accord-Coupe-Power-Window-Motor-Regulator-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adfb5c6beQQitemZ390300288702QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Back