Window Regulator or Motor?

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Yes it is. The door posts are lettered in order from the front. The A pillar holds the front windscreen, The B pillar is the post between the 2 doors The C pillar is at the back - usually much wider.

The glass has a pretty good curve to it, so if the track that it runs in gets dented or misaligned, it will be hard for the motor to push it thru the guide. There are 2 guides for the glass. The front one is hidden within the door and the back one you can see the top half of it surrounding the glass at the back.

I just posted a DIY (in the DIY section) for replacing the right front regulator, which shows you how to get into the door. You may be lucky and find the tight spot and open it up a bit or re align it. Actually I just looked on line and the channel parts are very cheap $12-$15. May be better of just replacing those. (find 30 & 31)
http://www.showcasehondaparts.com/p...a4at/body-air-conditioning/front-door-windows

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Thanks man I'm gonna have a look this weekend when I take everything apart in the door

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
update:

so I put in the new regulator and motor and the window is STILL fighting to go up. If I unbolt the glass and tape it up, the motor and regulator work fine. Something is pinching the window and I can't figure it out. :furious: You can only see so much in the door and everything looked/seemed fine

All this began almost 4 years ago the DAY I got my car back from Honda. But back then it was only slightly noticeable. They popped a dent out of my door re-clearcoated it, and put on a new side mirror. From then on the driver's window has progressively gotten worse.

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Just had a look in the manual and the only help it gives is to loosen the 2 glass securing bolts on the regulator and push the glass back in the B pillar guide, then tighten and test for smooth running.

Brilliantly, it gives no help if it doesn't run up and down easily.

I would suggest calling up the picture linked to in post #11 and try loosening the bolts in the each glass guide in turn, to see if it helps. The front looks like it has 2 bolts and a nut, the rear just 1 bolt. I don't have an exact location for those, may need a flashlight. Probably only have to loosen them by 1 turn each.

Run the glass up and down and if it runs better with one of the guides loose, then you may be able to fix it by replacing that guide. The guides may have got dented when the door was dented, and / or the felt stuff they run in has worn out.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I have the PDF for "Front Door Glass and Regulator Replacement", but can't upload it.

untitled.jpg

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Just had a look in the manual and the only help it gives is to loosen the 2 glass securing bolts on the regulator and push the glass back in the B pillar guide, then tighten and test for smooth running.

Did that, didn't make a difference.

I would suggest calling up the picture linked to in post #11 and try loosening the bolts in the each glass guide in turn, to see if it helps. The front looks like it has 2 bolts and a nut, the rear just 1 bolt. I don't have an exact location for those, may need a flashlight. Probably only have to loosen them by 1 turn each.

Run the glass up and down and if it runs better with one of the guides loose, then you may be able to fix it by replacing that guide. The guides may have got dented when the door was dented, and / or the felt stuff they run in has worn out.

Did this too, loosened the guides and it didn't make a difference either. I really have no idea, everything within the door looks fine. I know a guy who owns a body shop, I guess I'm going to have to get him to look at it

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
One last suggestion. Take the 2 glass bolts out, then while holding the glass, run the regulator down to the bottom. Reach in thru the hole and try to raise and lower the glass manually. It may be hard to keep it aligned but with any luck, you may be able to feel where the tight spot is.

If that doesn't work, try the body shop - I'm out of ideas - perhaps they have a few tricks.

Back