Window Tint, Again!!!!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
damn sounds like the cop was an asshole but you also probably could have handled the situation a little better. some cops are assholes to begin with, if you talk back to them it'd only get worse but that's just my $.02.

as for the court thing, i'm not sure how that will work out. he didn't meter your windows though so you could just say you bought the car from the dealership that way and when they ask you how dark it is play dumb and say you don't know. i'd imagine they'd have to let you go for the time being w/o any proof of what % your tint is

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, NJ cops ive found dont usually meter windows. ive never been metered and i have even almost had a ticket written to me for my front windows being tinted........and my front windows have NEVER been tinted. i guess thats just plain stupidity, cuz its obvious. oh yea, i was also once pulled over, and i did nothing wrong, and when i asked why i was pulled over, the cop said it was cuz of the window tint (i only have my back 1/2 done, which is legal) and then i said but its legal, and he goes, no, once you tint any window in NJ it becomes illegal. what an ***, but i never got a ticket for it, cuz you can put money on it that if i did, i wouldnt have ever paid it, and i deff wouldve gone to court. my friends jetta that i always talk about, has its front windows tinted, and the rest of the car too, its all at 35% and it really did come from the factory like that. hes never been pulled over for it, but the one time he was pulled over, he wasnt even questioned about it. he even passed his car inspection he went to back in like august i think.....he just went there with his windows rolled down and they never even rolled them up. i think we should just be allowed to do the front windows in NJ to, at the lowest, 20%. cuz i know that the 2.5% on my car when i do it is gonna be ridiculous, cuz its a little hard to see out of at night, hahaha.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
and he goes, no, once you tint any window in NJ it becomes illegal. what an ***, but i never got a ticket for it, cuz you can put money on it that if i did, i wouldnt have ever paid it, and i deff wouldve gone to court.

That's pure grade A BULL!!
Only the front driver/passenger windows cannot be tinted. All the other windows can be as black a night.
It all started years ago when a NJ State trooper was shot killed on the Turnpike. He pulled over a car with tinted front windows. When approached the car he was shot in the face and killed. Since then, the NJ law was passed stated no motored is allowed to have its front windows tinted.

Last edited:

ryon527

Reaction score
blacknight said:
That's pure grade A BULL!!
Only the front driver/passenger windows cannot be tinted. All the other windows can be as black a night.
It all started years ago when a NJ State trooper was shot killed on the Turnpike. He pulled over a car with tinted front windows. When approached the car he was shot in the face and killed. Since then, the NJ law was passed stated no motored is allowed to have its front windows tinted.

exactly

cdubb77

Reaction score
I have 20% all around but when the stoopid cop put the meter on my window, it read 14. :eek: :D

ryon527

Reaction score
remember that the factory glass has a slight tint in it, so thats why the meter ran 14

Back