Window Won't Close All The Way

Boo45

Reaction score
Well I keep running into problems with my car. I had a post up before about the "vacuum/spaceship noise" which turned out to be my rear wheel bearings and then my tires were in need of replacing. Anyway that's besides the point of this problem...

I like to have my windows down instead of using the A/C, but then a couple days ago while i was rolling up my windows, I guess the drivers side window somehow got misalligned? It will look properly working while it gets rolled down but it won't shut all the way when i roll it back up. Theres a slit of opening i can see on the front side and it runs back to about where the steering wheel ends and after that the window is "shut". The window will roll down just fine but right as it reaches the top instead of just stopping the window glass clicks up and down like it's having a seizure :(

Anyone know a solution to this problem? I'm gonna be leaving out of town for the weekend and would rather not have this wind noise while I'm driving for hours on end.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
The window will roll down just fine but right as it reaches the top instead of just stopping the window glass clicks up and down like it's having a seizure :(

:lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

My passenger window actually just started doing this the other day, haven't really had a chance to investigate why or what is causing it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I bet the two bolts holding the window to the window elevator are loose or one is missing. That or your molding is out of place

Boo45

Reaction score
Oh i see it might be loose because i can take the window glass itself and move it around, it has a bit of wiggle to it. Plus when it reaches the "top", you can see from the outside that the window hasnt made contact with the molding at the top.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
In that case u probably have a missing bolt or loose. Easy fix, but requires you to take the door panel off and cover plate to the window elevator. Make sure the window is about halfway down so you have access to the bolts

Back