wire harness help!

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
i bought a 2000 engine wire harness to match my ecu for my 5speed swap i got every thing plug in when i was down to the last plug it didint match the plug for the dash wire (i think its the dash wire) on my auto!!!

now im stuck and i need my car on the rode asap..

5spd plug
IMAG0141.jpg

the dash plug i think, which is what its suppose to plug into
IMAG0142.jpg

the auto harness
IMAG0143.jpg

the auto harness plug has like 12 to 14 wires goin into it

and the manual has 8?? so i was gonna cut it but wires dont match up kuz one has lesser than the other..now im not sure what to do

redlinevtec

Reaction score
bust. same thing happened to me when I did the 5spd swap with OEM harness's (FIRST ONE!). different years and trims have different plugs. I ran into the same problem. you need 2000 dash wiring harness's from a 5spd. i happen to have 2000 ex sedan 5spd harness's. :Starwars:

not sure its the one you need though. i gotta double check. lol that's the same exact one i needed back then. make sure the multiplexers you have match the harness's you have. for instance if you have LX 5spd harness's for the dash you need the white multiplexers or if you have ex harness's you need the blue multiplexers since power is router differently. DX & LX share the same power grid while EX is different.

Last edited:

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
Damn dash wire too huh, how hhard is it to put in the dash harness? Does it matter between ulev and nonulev? Well atleast I got the car to start by jus cutting the plugs and matching the wires together, but I still get the p1166 cel, knock sensor cel too, and my speedometer still don't work Plus the auto park light on ny dash lights up now..and no I did not switch out speedometer kuz my miles were low on the car

Back