Wire rad fans to stay on

dcmystery21

Reaction score
I have just done a 5 speed swap and I purchased an ecu that is a year older than my car. This also happened to be when they switched something around with the coolant temp sensor wiring/signal format and my factory temp sensor will not work until I get the ecu for my car's year.

So, being as I can't see how hot my car is running, I would like to take precautions and wire my fans up to always stay on. Does anyone know how to do this? I figured I could do it myself but would like to hear what you guys have to say or how you guys would go about wiring them up. Thanks in advance!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
<<<<< failz

don't panic just yet, i am like a week away from finding a way to use your old auto ecu to run your temp gauge

dcmystery21

Reaction score
found it.

This is some mis-information here.

The 98-99 accord use a sender for the gauge cluster and a sensor for the ECU. (The sender is under the dizzy and looks like a headphone jack)

The 00-02 us a sensor that goes to the ECU, and then the ECU sends the signal to the cluster.

You either need an 00-02 ECU, or so get an after market gauge. Problem solved.

The "sensor" on the thermostat housing is only a fan switch, and has nothing to do with this issue.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
yeah, i remember that, but i am in the process of an "easier" solution than shelling out $60+

dcmystery21

Reaction score
yeah, i remember that, but i am in the process of an "easier" solution than shelling out $60+

well please keep me updated!

edit- would it be possible to just splice the coolant temp signal wire and connect it to the signal wire going to the cluster?

Back