Wiring Help

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I'm trying to install my auto-dimming mirror, and the instructions say to wire it up in the driver footwell area. I already have the wires fed through the interior panels and everything's in place, and I've already grounded the negative wire. It says to wire the positive lead into an ignition-activated 12V power source. I tried that on one wire (a yellow one of course) and when I turned the key, my sunroof started spazzing out.

:poker:

I just need to know which would be the best wire to splice it into in that area, and pictures or diagrams would be SUPER helpful. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
I'm trying to install my auto-dimming mirror, and the instructions say to wire it up in the driver footwell area. I already have the wires fed through the interior panels and everything's in place, and I've already grounded the negative wire. It says to wire the positive lead into an ignition-activated 12V power source. I tried that on one wire (a yellow one of course) and when I turned the key, my sunroof started spazzing out.

:poker:

I just need to know which would be the best wire to splice it into in that area, and pictures or diagrams would be SUPER helpful. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

I think the easiest place would probably be the back of the cigarette lighter. That way, you don't really need to get intimate with any more critical wiring.

FNCONE

Reaction score
+1 or since your wires all already at the drivers foot well use the ignition harness (maybe with an inline fuse rated for the mirror....but that's just my electrical side speaking) just check with a meter which one is on with ignition. Those are thick wires no need to splice them. Just remove the plug and put enough wire thru the pin connection where the 12v ignition is and clip it back into place.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Sure I'll take one after work and check which one is only on with ignition

FNCONE

Reaction score
This Is The Plug. (Brown one with thick wires)

De-pin the wire and wrap it thru the female and pin it back in it should look like this. If you don't like de-pinning just splice it. The color is black / yellow . The green yellow is just an example . Remember to zip tie if you go this route

Last edited:

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
So I just splice it into the black wire with yellow stripe, on the large brown clip that's on the back of the driver's side fusebox? And do I need to disconnect the battery?

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
If u unplug it no. If your not going to unplug the brown clip I suggest removing the battery terminals

Back