wont shift out of park! help

Shwayzar

Reaction score
so i have auto tranny and i go to leave for work and my car starts fine but the button on the shifter wont give when i press the brake to put it in gear. i took off the nandle and messed with the button and thats not it and the rod wont go down either. i some pointers as to what to do.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
First put your shifter back together. Then use a flat headed screwdriver to pry up the oval shaped ring at the bottom of the shifter you'll see where you need to insert a thin long blade to release the interlock system.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
First put your shifter back together. Then use a flat headed screwdriver to pry up the oval shaped ring at the bottom of the shifter you'll see where you need to insert a thin long blade to release the interlock system.

this^
i had the same thing happen to me... on a date :ohyou:

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score

^^ this wil do it

Shwayzar

Reaction score
got it! i appreciate man i was tired of listening to my mom b**** cuz shouldnt couldnt go to walmart. im curious as to what caused it to do that.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
There is a recall on the interlock system this what will happen when it malfunctions. Go by your dealership to see if it has beforeone before.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
There is a recall on the interlock system this what will happen when it malfunctions. Go by your dealership to see if it has beforeone before.
glad you mentioned a recall, i didn't realize that there was one. i'll have to get mine checked out now

Shwayzar

Reaction score
well i got the tranny rebuilt 2 augusts ago...for some reason i just did a factory rebuild stupid i know i should have dropped a 6sp cl-s m/t in it. besides the honda dealer that is closets to me just likes to point out whats not factory on my car so i quit dealing with them.

Back