Would a fried multiplex prevent a car from starting? (fixed)

factorviii

Reaction score
The car cranks, just doesn't start. (2000 v6 ex )

Last edited:

factorviii

Reaction score
Re: Would a fried multiplex prevent a car from starting?

you check any fuses?

checked all fuses in all 3 boxes with a multimeter twice.

here's the background on what happened

"Just seriously ****ed up my car trying to install fog lights, plugged the power connector into the wrong port now the car won't start. Have a feeling something in the multiplex burned out. Welp

I plugged the positive wire into port # 26 per these instructionshttp://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18938

A lot of stuff (windows, power locks, remote lock) don't work but the car cranks. Also when I turn on the car at first the gauges in the cluster go crazy for a sec then back to normal.

The thing is, I went through the multiplexer self check(from the tech manual) and it didn't report any DTCs. Although technically it could be fried yet report no DTCs (according to manual)

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score

Mine was doing the same thing one day and wouldnt start, turns out my main relay went out. Maybe check that?

factorviii

Reaction score

Where is the main relay?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Its under the dash, like right above where the pedals are, I believe. Been a while since changed mine

factorviii

Reaction score

So i fixed it. Not sure what the problem was but i went through the multiplex diagnostic 1 more time. I disconnected the battery and unplugged the jumper from the multiplex. then decided to see if the instrument cluster backlight worked. I turned the key to the on position but realized the battery wasn't connected. I connected the battery with the key in the on position and heard all the relays click. Went to check the lights and they worked. Also when the power went on the instrument cluster didn't do anything weird. I tried to start the car and it ran.

My guess is that when I applied power to the car with the keys in the on position it reset then ECU or the multiplex. Either that or some relay got stuck and doing this got it unstuck. Anyways thanks for the help guys.

Back