Would this be a good turbo?

BoyRicer

Reaction score
I'm in the midst of building a turbo'd f23. I checked all the internals comp. test came out good all cylinders within 8% of each other. I was looking around and found that several manufacturers used Garrett turbos on factory cars. So I found one a person pulled from a Saab 900 http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAAB-TURBOCHARGER-SAAB-900-OEM-TURBO-/221009284800?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item33752e0ec0. Looks like it has a t3 housing and i believe its .48trim. Im not looking for a drag racing car just something to have fun with that spools quickly. Would this turbo be good if need be i could rebuild it

BoyRicer

Reaction score
Did some more research for anyone looking at these, THEY ARE VERY VERY SMALL so they will be very inefficient. Not much in power gains and not worth looking at. So anyone looking into to these dont bother look else where

simon_y

Reaction score
That turbo is way to small for these motors. That looks like a T25 flange and not a T3.

You're going to need something a lot bigger. But size isn't always the issue. You have to check the A/R on the turbine housing to really get an idea of how much it can flow.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Bigger isn't always better because of increased spool times (depending on turbo construction - ball bearing/billet/journal/etc). You do need a bigger turbo than the one you are looking at though. I recommend something around a 57 trim .60 or .63 ar intake/exhaust.

Back