Would you cut it?

EastSideRide

Reaction score
So after reading countless exhaust reviews and watching a ton of youtube videos, I have decided to finally plan to do something about that quiet v6 exhaust... its sooooo quiet!

Im just looking to do something cheap as all my money went to other things and suspension lol. So I have come up with some options...

1. 2.25 staight pipe from stock cat
  2. mid muffler delete and end mufflers delete (2.5 piping with tips)
  3. mid muffler delete
  4. end mufflers delete (from y-pipe adding new pipe and tips)

A local shop told me he could delete all the mufflers for $100-150 (depending on the tips I choose). I have only heard youtube videos of straight piped v6's... I can never find a muffler delete only video lol.

What do you guys think? I want a decent sound, not super loud as the first option would surely be LOL :hmmm2:

cfox28

Reaction score
your neighbors are going to hate you haha. i would agree that at idle it sounds good, but
when your driving it is going to be out of control (not in a good way)

couple of things to consider:

Local Policy:
-There are decibel limits your car isn't supposed to exceed.
-Also having no cat in many states won't fly.

Exhaust principals:
The main idea is that your care achieves quietness at the cost of efficiency, same goes
for the intake. Freeing up the exhaust, and intake should allow the engine to run more
efficiently.

-However, There are two main misconceptions:

1) complete unrestricted flow would be the best scenario, and therefor getting rid of
all the exhaust components, and replacing the pipe with 4 " piping haha will be the best.

- This is false. Your engine needs back pressure. look into what other sites say about
straight pipes, many will say they saw a loss in torque.

2)the second misconception (at least pertaining to our cars) is that a full exhaust I/H/E
will significantly boost your power

-again not so true.. manufacturers are going to say a much higher number than you'll actually get.

If you want a better sound for cheap. start with a cold air intake. Get an ebay intake
(all of them are essentially the same: pipe and filter) replace the filter with a better
filter like k&n or AEM. you can easily do it your self, cost around 50 dollars. has a great sound when
going above 3k rpms... a sound i miss after putting on my full exhaust.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
Well I dont want to achieve a loud annoying sound. And I don't want to delete the cat as I need one for emissions in my county. I am mainly just considering removing the mufflers for now. And down the road maybe go for a better resonator and vibrant mufflers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

todd_cards

Reaction score
i did a muffler delete and it wasnt loud enough for me sounded like a little truck lol

Back