Wreck.

Momentum

Reaction score
The insurance companies are weird like that with parents, I can't remember if it was because I'm 18, or because I'm under my parents' insurance, but when the insurance company of the woman who hit me called me, they had to talk to my ****ing mom to ask what happened in my wreck. I'm like wtf??? Seriously, my mom is going to be able to explain what happened in the wreck I was in, better than I can? yeah okay.

But damn man, that really sucks. :( I know exactly how much of a pain it is to have to go rip off all your old mods and leave the things behind you can't take. :(
Do you know yet around how much they'll write you a check for? I got like 5600 for mine.

My dad was telling me that they won't let me take any mods off. If that's true then that really sucks. And I dont know man, I think I'm getting way less than that. Either way, I'll get another accord. But this time I'll get a 5 speed :thumbsup:

Bax

Reaction score
That's so gay if they don't let you take anything off of it. :(
Idk how that stuff works out, because my dad just had them tow it to his work, so I went out there and just took things off in the parking lot. lol
Where are they holding your car now? If you have the stock headlights to replace your retros and things like that, I don't see why they wouldn't let you.

5 speed ftw!! :D From somebody who has just went through this same situation, it's definitely an upgrade even going to a fully stock 5 speed. haha
Well good luck in finding something, hopefully they'll give you a good amount for your car then you can go shopping. :naughty:
Be patient, it took 2 weeks for my 5 speed to be found, and that's with a guy who goes to auctions because he owns a used car lot helping me out. But that is also because I live in bum**** Alabama, lol.

Momentum

Reaction score
That's so gay if they don't let you take anything off of it. :(
Idk how that stuff works out, because my dad just had them tow it to his work, so I went out there and just took things off in the parking lot. lol
Where are they holding your car now? If you have the stock headlights to replace your retros and things like that, I don't see why they wouldn't let you.

5 speed ftw!! :D From somebody who has just went through this same situation, it's definitely an upgrade even going to a fully stock 5 speed. haha
Well good luck in finding something, hopefully they'll give you a good amount for your car then you can go shopping. :naughty:
Be patient, it took 2 weeks for my 5 speed to be found, and that's with a guy who goes to auctions because he owns a used car lot helping me out. But that is also because I live in bum**** Alabama, lol.

The car is still at the shop. I really hope I can get those retros back because I do still have the old headlights. This stuff is confusing, But I should be able to take certain things correct? Stuff like headunit, hids, headlights, maybe sway bar?

It's also nice to have someone in the same boat as me. Still really frustrated though.

Bax

Reaction score
I was told by my dad "you can get anything you want off the car as long as you have a part to replace it with. Like the stock headlights or stock radio. But if you wait too long and they come tow it it's gone. It's theirs then. "
But again it was at my dads work. But it should be the same in your situation I would think.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
My understanding is that if you can replace the parts, then that is fine, but you can't remove anything that can't be replaced with a stock part that originally came on the particular vehicle.

Momentum

Reaction score
I was told by my dad "you can get anything you want off the car as long as you have a part to replace it with. Like the stock headlights or stock radio. But if you wait too long and they come tow it it's gone. It's theirs then. "
But again it was at my dads work. But it should be the same in your situation I would think.

My understanding is that if you can replace the parts, then that is fine, but you can't remove anything that can't be replaced with a stock part that originally came on the particular vehicle.

If this is true then it would defiantly give me a great start for the next accord.
Hope you get your parts man.

Let's hope so.

Back