Wrecked front end...need help.

SilverStreet

Reaction score
I went to the abaautosupply website and found the bumper for $76...seems really cheap. Anyone have experience with parts from this place?

SilverStreet

Reaction score
I want something that looks exactly like oem if not oem. A couple hundred bucks either way really isn't that big of a deal IMO to have it look right

SilverStreet

Reaction score
alright so I found a bumper...174 oem honda. I got a quote for painting it and it was $300...is this about right? Seems a little high to me to just paint a front bumper. Let me know! Thanks

CHID0

Reaction score
I know i'm late but i'm going to have to say if you were to go the bodykit route, get the full buddyclub2 kit. It's the best looking kits out there and it's not overdone, and, dare I say.....it compliments the accord body pretty well in my opinion. See Here As for practicality, it's not. Stock height it'll be driveable depending on where you're from. Dropped your front end will scrape to the point you will shave off the bottom of the front bumper within a month of driving.

In the end if you were to go with the bodykit, i definitely wouldn't hate. But I would say move toward the OEM bumper which you've seemed to be doing.

SilverStreet

Reaction score
Alight I've got the bumper squared away, but still need to paint. Still seems like $300 is a lot to spray a bumper cover as it needs no masking since its off the car... Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to go about the whole ground effects dilemma. I think the BC2 bodykit looks real nice, but most people are against that route because of durability...but Ive seen videos on youtube where people are twisting their duraflex bumpers 180 degrees and they seem fine... any input on this? I do like the idea of a lip kit as it seems a bit cheaper and maybe a little cleaner, but there are literally no good lip kits out there that ive found. I've read all the lip kit threads here and it seems everyone has this same problem with coupes. There was one that was posted that had a Mugen front and sides and an OEM rear that looked decent, but I really can't get myself to like the mugen front that much, and from what I hear OEM is way too expensive. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that could help the process, looking for pics, links, advice etc... I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
just wait around for a good deal on an OEM lip kit, id say. they really do look the best. im not too fond of the mugen one either, but i think the type-r one doesnt look too bad. the wings west kit for the coupe looks pretty good too, but you really need a whole kit to look clean. another full kit that looks nice, imo, is the kaminari kit.....again, you need the whole thing to have a clean look tho.

Back