Wrecked front end...need help.

SilverStreet

Reaction score
So I'm sold on the OEM lip kit...but I keep seeing that it's only for 98-00??? Does honda make one for the 01-02s? And either I'm retarded or nobody sells these things anymore...I haven't found one for sale yet...guess I'll keep lookin:boohoo:

travisn

Reaction score
300 is high for a bumper. should be around 200. depending on the quality of paint/clear.

test fit the bumper before you get it painted. and btw, if your car is silver/red it probably wont match.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
So I'm sold on the OEM lip kit...but I keep seeing that it's only for 98-00??? Does honda make one for the 01-02s?

no, theres no OEM lip kit for the 01-02's if you really wanted to get the OEM kit, youd would need 98-00 front and rear coupe bumpers. the sides should fit tho, from what i remember

SilverStreet

Reaction score
Could I have Honda paint the bumper? I'd really rather spend more $$ and have one shade of silver on my car than something that looks like I'm ridin in the shade.... There's gotta be someone that can color match well enough so I can't tell the difference.:confused:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Do what YOU want to do, not what the crowd wants you to do. If you really like the look of that bodykit setup, then go for it...but make sure you compliment the kit with an upgraded suspension, wheels, etc.

Since safety and durability seem to be the main concerns of a bodykit according to the previous posts:

The authentic BuddyClub2 kit is fiberglass, but since you're mixing & matching styles (BuddyClub2-style front bumper, R33-style sideskirts, and Black Widow-style rear bumper) you can find all of those pieces in the much more durable "FlexFiber" or "Duraflex" materials.

Front bumper: http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/9...flex-fiber-buddy-club-front-bumper-p-966.html
Sideskirts: http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/9802-honda-accord-2dr-duraflex-r33-sideskirts-p-30729.html
Rear bumper: http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/9...flex-fiber-black-widow-rear-bumper-p-977.html

It's your car, if you think that bodykit choice would look nice on your car then go for it. Not everyone will agree with you, but that's because everyone's opinions are different.

My personal recommendation would be to get the complete Buddy Club 2 kit in the FlexFiber material, but I'm biased towards that kit since I have an authentic one. If I could do it over again I would purchase the FlexFiber version so I can have the peace of mind knowing that a scrape (which I try to avoid at all costs all of the time) could cause more damage than I'd be able to tolerate. It does look great though.

2973829175_2fee104afe_o.jpg

travisn

Reaction score
Just because Honda paints it doesn't guarantee anything. They are just body shops that have a Honda emblem on the door. They use different brands of paint based on what the supplier offers and what works best for the painter. There is not one specific brand of paint/clear/materials that Honda uses.

Lots of things factor into what the end color of the paint will be besides the color. Air pressure, distance the gun is from the panel, speed of movement, humidity, color behind the paint (primer, etc). It's just something that more colorful colors have to risk.

If you actually look at a lot of brand new cars the bumpers don't match right from the factory. Especially the silvers, This is because they are painted at a different location and place then the rest of the car. What really sucks is when you get ****ty customers who expect it to match when it didn't when it came in, even if only half of the bumper actually got paint on it.

black ftw

SilverStreet

Reaction score
I was just looking at the BC2 again as most of my lip kit options are falling through and I don't like what options I have left to explore... I lucked out and my girlfriends dad used to own a dealership here, so I'm getting an OEM bumper painted and installed for a cool $250. :beer: SO that fixes my dilemma for right now, but I think after I get my rims and drop in March, I'll be ordering a BC2 kit as that is (to me) the most attractive option out there right now. And sorry to Brad for the PMs he's going to recieve when I get my kit. lol

Back