WTB/Help on ballast

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I didnt know exactly where to put it because if i can be helped then so be it, if not then I WTB. My HID ballast on my passenger side keeps on blinking and then turns off while i drive. I thought it was because that one got kinda loose and was bouncing around on the bumps and the other one was mounted fine.

So i mounted it with zip ties. didnt work. I tried using a bigger fuze on the ballast and it worked for a while but then started again. So any suggestions?? If not, does anyone have any usable ballast or something?? i have 8k hids? Are the ballast from diff temps usable? Im about 2 sell my 5th gen and i have 6k in there, might take one of those ballast but need the car rite now so cant. Little help??

dynasty

Reaction score
as for the HID ballast, did you mount them correctly or did you let it loose? from what i can see is, you didn't tie it down properly so the ballast is messed up inside. you must mount the ballast where it won't shake, away from heat as much as possible, and away from the ground so water won't get in them unless you have a waterproof ballast.

HID ballast will work on ANY HID bulbs. it all depends on the ballast though. some ballast is very powerful meaning it makes the lighting brighter if modified. i haven't done it myself but it's possible. i just sold my spare so sorry i don't have an extra one.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
it was mounted but it got loose... I used the extra adhesive doublesided tape... The driver side one is still in its spot and not moving but the passenger side one fell off. I think maybe a while ago and didnt realize

dynasty

Reaction score
i used zip ties to hold mine down. all 4 sides. but yeah, i think your ballast is pretty much done with and need a replacement.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i du no if water got into it... its pretty dry but it just keeps on blinking and then turns off... I have to get a new ballast so if any one has one for sale... let me know plz

dynasty

Reaction score
it can't be water. if it was, it shouldn't work at all. what i think, like i said before is one of the components is loose inside. because you also said that it fell off of the mount.

Back