WTF is this wiring nightmare!!1!1

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
So I saw a wire hanging down from under the dash, so I decided to investigate. I think I opened a can of worms. Can someone point out what these connectors go to, why there's an inline fuse connected to the obd connector and the other crap that doesn't look right lol.
d5c77873.jpg

3e9a7592.jpg

89138410.jpg

30f7c9d4.jpg

9b19707c.jpg

Drift

Reaction score
Just do it slowly and go through one wire at a time. Its only a car alarm.

I had a customer hack apart an entire EVO IV harness and wondered why his car no longer started. Had to repair this:

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

CG6

Reaction score
yea thats def a alarm bro... and as for the dude that took all that out a evo... what an idiot:fail:

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Holy poop I hate wiring. If there's one thing I'm not, its not a wire chaser. I can do everything else in a car except wiring. Mainly because I choose not to. The car has been running fine and everything, but it doesn't look right having open wires under there.

Ill probably attack it this weekend.

Can anybody tell me specifically what the last pic wires are? I have those on the passenger side as well and they go into the door.

Oh and drift, I think I have seen something like that in that movie arachnaphobia lol. What a mess.

Drift

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me specifically what the last pic wires are? I have those on the passenger side as well and they go into the door.

Oh and drift, I think I have seen something like that in that movie arachnaphobia lol. What a mess.

Any time there is a twisted set of wires like that, you can bet that some hoopty stereo shop did the work. Just start tearing sh!t apart.

Back