WTH is this part?

cajun

Reaction score
I just saw this plate in the lower part of my lower front bumper. One of the bolts was loose, which is why it looks kind of sideways in the first pic (looking down at the radiator). The other pic is of the loose plate. Looks like I should be able to reach through the bumper to reinstall it, but WTH does this plate do? From what I can see it seems to serve no purpose.

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
haha that thing?

I took that out a while ago when I put a lip on because it was just hooked up on one side, I still honestly don't know its intended purpose.

Drift

Reaction score
It looks like a front plate bracket to me.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
you'd think so, but looking at it from the front of the car its much lower and fits into these slots on the bottom of the front bumper.

cajun

Reaction score
you'd think so, but looking at it from the front of the car its much lower and fits into these slots on the bottom of the front bumper.

Right, it's also to the left, vs. centered like a front plate bracket would be. C'mon, somebody has to know what it is.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
My opinion is that it is a bracket which is supposed to be bolted to the frame. It looks like it would accept the bumper cover when inserted into the openings. Analogous to the way our under-light brackets and center bumper cover support brackets accept the bumper cover. This one looks like it is intended to accept the bumper cover in the lower contact area.

cajun

Reaction score
My opinion is that it is a bracket which is supposed to be bolted to the frame.

It doesn't look like it, unless another part is missing. One of the bolts was still installed, and I can see where the other both is supposed to attach. There is nothing but a lot of air above the plate.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
its mainly a support bracket..dose not really serve a purpose..Usually is held on by 2 10mm bolts. You can put it back,but wont do anything.
like other people said toss it or put in up for later use for something..ha

Back