Y U no start!!?:(

Reaction score
So yeah my accord is dead. Couple nights ago I was driving home and my interior lights and cd player flickered on and off a couple times. My headlights didn't, just the interior ones. Weird. I got home, let it sit for about an hour, went out and started it up just to make sure it wasn't dead or anything and it was fine.

Went out the next morning and it wouldn't start. Won't turn over or anything. I'm guessing starter/alternator? I got a new battery little less than a year ago. Haven't tried jumping it yet, just haven't had time to.

Thoughts/suggestions/help please? It's a 98 F23A1 btw. Thanks in advance!

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Probably the alternator.. My guess is the dying alternator drained your battery

Last edited:

CreepyWilly

Reaction score
did you emptied totally only once your battery? There's small lead balls in the regular batteries, if you empty it totally they stuck at the bottom and don't keep charge very long. Was your lights diming before it happend ? Or just all of a sudden without a sign of energy problem.

CreepyWilly

Reaction score
Another option is... i know it sound stupid but i had a Cavalier 97 as first car and once i poped the interior light fuse, the car wouldnt react at all after that....

001Stunna

Reaction score
So yeah my accord is dead. Couple nights ago I was driving home and my interior lights and cd player flickered on and off a couple times. My headlights didn't, just the interior ones. Weird. I got home, let it sit for about an hour, went out and started it up just to make sure it wasn't dead or anything and it was fine.

Went out the next morning and it wouldn't start. Won't turn over or anything. I'm guessing starter/alternator? I got a new battery little less than a year ago. Haven't tried jumping it yet, just haven't had time to.

Thoughts/suggestions/help please? It's a 98 F23A1 btw. Thanks in advance!

Well start with the easy things and then move on to the hard.
Does it crank when you try to start it?
Do you hear a clicking as you try to start it?
Do the dash lights come on when you turn the key to 2nd position?
What is the voltage on the battery when the cars off and what is the voltage when you're cranking?

CreepyWilly

Reaction score
Have you checked all your fuses ? I had one broken for interior light and the car would not react for that reason. It was on another car than an accord tho. Usually the first thing to check is your fuse box.

When you turn your key all the way to ''on'' before the start turn, do you hear your gas pump? You have to pay attention.

If you ever emptied totally your battery you killed it. New or used, if it ever came to the point lights won't even open it's dead. Even tho it will be able to get recharged it won't keep the charge long.

If your car showed any signs of diming lights 2months or 1 week before the event, your alternator is your problem. That doesn't say it could have died instantly, but you still would've been able to drive a bit.

Reaction score
When I turn the key there is nothing. No noise anywhere. I've got HID's, don't know if that makes a difference or not, but no lights dimming. I'm leaning more and more towards it being an alternator issue considering what happened beforehand.

Back