Y U no start!!?:(

kn0x47

Reaction score
replaced the alternator. still nothing. starter maybe?

did you have the parts store check your old alternator first? plus if it was your alternator and all you do is swap it it still isnt going to crank cause your battery is drained. use a multimeter and see if it reads 12 volts. have you even tried getting it jumped off?

Reaction score
been busy. haven't had a chance to follow up. still not running. battery is good. no luck with jumping it. i've had some luck though i guess. my lights and everything will come on, but as soon as i turn the key to turn it on, it kills everything, doesn't try to turn over. blown fuses? starter? just been too busy to really take a day and do more work. i'm guessing i'll figure it out myself at this point.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad ground or fuse. Worst case your ecu crapped out. Either way it sounds more electrical than mechanical to me. Start probing area's with a multimeter, get the alternator bench tested. If your car is a manual then you can push start it to rule out starter issues.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Check your fuse box under the hood. Examine it very closely for blown fuses. If not, than it sounds like a bad ground. clean the all the grounds really good :beer:

Jevik

Reaction score
There are two 100A fuses under the hood on the passenger side next to the strut tower. the fuses themselves are at the front of the box, directly above two brackets. Check those fuses. follow those cables to the battery and onto the starter. check the connections at each.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Check all your BIG THREE grounds.....I know the one that runs from the trans to the negative posts always frayed out and gave a poor connection

There are two 100A fuses under the hood on the passenger side next to the strut tower. the fuses themselves are at the front of the box, directly above two brackets. Check those fuses. follow those cables to the battery and onto the starter. check the connections at each.

His HIDS wouldnt turn on.

Back