yet another headlight question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
so what's a good, average price to retrofit my headlights?

You can do it yourself for around 300 dollars DDM tuning HID kit. OEM TL or TSX projectors, get whatever bezel or shroud you like to cover the lense. Buy a set of OEM style headlights. Theres a little more to it, but nothing a one handed monkey couldn't do on his own. Its not that hard really..

Stile442

Reaction score
I had my retros built for me and paid $500 for them. Best investment in my car hands down.

bionic_D

Reaction score

inv4zn

Reaction score
^ Retrofits are not cosmetic. They greatly increase your ability to see at night (safely), while not blinding other people. They do increase the look of your car, but their main purpose is to help you see.

Ebay headlights (projectors, or JDM's, or whatever else) ARE purely cosmetic. They have terrible light output, and will not only make it harder for you to drive at night (again, safely), they'll also blind everyone else if you put HID's in them (even when adjusted, they have much more glare).

As for your wikipedia page, GOOD projectors (the OEM tsx, tl ones) will not produce as much glare as anything else you put in the headlights (OEM's with HID's, ebay projectors, ebay projectors with HID's, ebay JDM's, etc etc.)

If you want better lighting, either put HID's in your stock/oem headlights, or save up for a retrofit.

If you just want projectors because they look cool, buy the ebay ones. But you're going to regret it lol.

And yes, I have ebay lights as well. and yes, I do regret it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I had my retros built for me and paid $500 for them. Best investment in my car hands down.

Did you use HIDIllusionz?

Damn that's alot of cheddar for a simple cosmetic upgrade. This is the route i'm trying to avoid. I might just keep it simple and get some jdm's. I love how the projectors look n i thought i needed them for my hid's. But it seems projectors produce more glare...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlights#Projector_.28polyellipsoidal.29_lamps

It's not a simple cosmetic upgrade, that's why it costs. And lighting itself is not cosmetic, it needs to function the way it was meant to in order for it to do any good. Yeah projectors look pretty sitting in your headlights during the day, but you buy them for what they'll do at night. That's why people do retrofits. And that's why no one recommends ebay headlights.

As Hondaluver said, it's not that hard. It's expensive and it's time consuming. The hardest part is mounting the projector, aiming, and color correcting if you choose to do so.

Here's something to give an idea of the scope of work involved.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8744

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back