yet another tranny problem

illmat1k

Reaction score
Well today I washed my car in the morning. I was leaving to go take it for a spin. Everything was fine until I came to a signal light where I noticed some slight jerking in downshift to first and my idle was going up and down. Then I came back to my street and I stopped and put it in park. Then I put it back in D4 and it attempted to shift but then just STALLED. How could this be? :(

6THGEN_AI4

Welcome to the best ACCORD community!!!!!!!!
hummm....for what you said I guess your tranny is history.
Did you check the fluid level?
It does not shift at all or is making hard shiftings?

illmat1k

Reaction score
Well, I can shift it into D4 but right when I do that, I have to let go of the brake or it will stall on me. Same with reverse. But it does shift through all the gears. I had bought the current transmission thats in my car from a member on V6P and he said it was fine and that it had 50k miles on it. My first transmission went at 100k and I swapped in the tranny i bought. I am now at 113k miles.

illmat1k

Reaction score
I decided to take my car out again and I just got back. Now when I shift into D4 it jerks but doesnt stall. And when i slow down and corner and then press the gas, i hear this light grinding. My gears do slip just a tiny bit but it isnt noticeable. But it does go through all the gears and no more stalling at stop lights and no harsh downshift.

illmat1k

Reaction score
No. I learned not to do that after I got the tranny swapped. I did that with the first tranny both upshift and downshift and i messsed it up. So now i dont do that.

illmat1k

Reaction score
My first tranny went at 100k. Right now, it might be the engine mounts. The front one is fine, but I cant see the others. This morning it went into gear fine, I just have that sort of bogging as I am taking off well into half of the 2nd gear then my tranny has very slight slips into 3rd and since I've had the problem with shifting in the cold, it kind of jerks into 4th. The minimal grinding noise into downshift to 1st is still there and if I force a downshift by pressing the gas, it takes a couple seconds to downshift to the lower gear. I'm at a loss for knowing what's wrong with my car. I am going to take it to my mechanic tomorrow at Gardena Honda. I told him what had happened and he said that it could be a very slight chance that my tranny is blown. So we will see what happens. If anyone has anymore input on what it could be, please post. =)

illmat1k

Reaction score
Ok well, my mechanic isn't working today so I'm screwed until the weekend. Today my dad was leaving for the doctors and I opened the hood and told him to put it in reverse. The whole engine just moved back and dropped forward. Could that possibly be an engine mount?

Back