Your Accord Purchase, when and why?

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Sorry ahead of time if this has already been done, and admin. please close if so-

If not:
After reading what AllGOnoSHOW said about how long he has had his car and what he has been through with it and life in general, I thought it would be intresting to hear more on a deeper level from each of us why we drive what we drive.

I'll throw this out as food for thought.

Car purchase: 2006, Bone Stock.
Why: I was in the middle of a divorce, barely had any money, Civic blew up.
I always wanted a 6th Gen, but never gave it any serious thought. I found mine under priced for the going market value,(car lot screwed up). So i got her. First Accord, first white car period. After some automotive soul searching I found out that the color white symbolizes purity, or in my case a fresh start to the end of a crap marriage. That car was the nicest thing I owned for a long time. Many a nights I watched movies on my little Alpine because my studio apartment didn't have air, or really crappy heat. Over time things in general got better. But I experienced it all from behind the wheel of that car.

Last edited:

MikeyMike

Reaction score
Car purchase: 2002/stock/Black.
Why: Used to take public transportation to school. Had to walk passed a retirement home everyday. one of the workers had a black widow'd coupe parked in the same spot everyday. just fell inlove with the bodylines of the car.

80,000 miles later
3 transmissions, an engine, an accident(totaled) and boost brings me to today

eggs

Reaction score
Car purchase: 2008
Why: brother moved back home and was commuting really far to work with his diesel truck, which was killing him on gas. My parents and brother went car shopping for him for something that was better on gas. they saw the accord and decided that it was a better car for me since i was commuting back and forth to school everyday. My parents bought the car a few days later and gave my brother my old car. til he got transfered to a closer store, now my dad drives my old car :rly:

mseebs

Reaction score
Car: 2005 Stock
Why: I was driving a Hyundai Accent, need I say more?

Last edited:

Emo236e

Reaction score
Purchased: May 2011 :rofl:
Why: I needed a new car as my Acura Legend was generally falling apart. My close friend from high school texted me to let me know his brother in law was selling his car and wanted to hook me up. He sold it to me for $1500 since the clear coat was jacked.:boink:

eddrockstar7

Reaction score
Purchased: December 2009

Why: I was 18 and was looking for my first car... me and my dad were looking and saw here in the very back barley getting washed to be displayed...:eek: Took her off the lot that same day... and had a three month warranty when the transmission went out:thumbup: I got really Lucky! :D

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Purchased: August 2004; stock

Why: I was going to college and needed something with more room and better gas mileage than my Camaro.

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
Purchased: 2006
Why?: Actually my brother bought it, but what with me wrecking my old car, (camry), he got a Z4 (lucky man) and gave me the accord. was my favorite car when i first saw it almost 13 years ago now haha and was so happy to have it, decided to pour all my money into it... little by little at first, now working my way up :) its in dire need of an engine tune up...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Purchased: January of 2007, stock
Why: Just graduated college and wanted to finally buy my own car to own, not to mention the transmission in my '94 Taurus 3.8 was dying. I had loved the Accord coupes since I saw them, it was between that and the Jag XJS. Since I needed reliability, I went Accord. lol Funny though, I originally wanted black, but ended up with red.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
Given: June 2008
Reason: During my junior year in high school I finished driver's ed and having to commute to my job, when I finished my road test, I went to my grandparents house to tell them how I did :) They were happy to say the least lol, and surprised me by giving me their accord and said drive it home on the Long Island Expressway during rush hour lmao. Since then its been my first and ONLY car, aside from sharing an Audi TT with my mom. Have slowly been building up my car and plan on never getting rid of it. It's been great to me, never given me a problem and get a ton of compliments. Aside from having to defend my love from my "Honda" which almost everyone has a problem with

Back