ZFreak's 2001 Taffeta White LX 5 speed Sedan

ZFreak

Reaction score
As I said in the general forum, I was on the prowl for yet another 6th gen after being out of it for a few years with a 2002 EM2 Civic Coupe as my car to put miles on. I sold it to a friend with 365,000 miles when it blew a head gasket (he fixed it and it is back up and running).

In the mean time, for my wife, we bought a 2013 Ford Fusion which was FULL of problems, so we sold it 4 months later and bought a 2013 Honda Accord SPORT, 6 speed manual sedan. It has been absolutely amazing.

That being said, we also traded in our 2006 Escalade (paid for) along with the 2013 Fusion (not paid for), and got said 2013 Accord (paid for), but that left me looking for a daily driver. Enter the 6th gen again.

I picked up this 2001 Taffeta White (amazing color!) CG5 5 speed sedan (Japan production US market model) for $3500. It is a one owner, non-smoker, 179k miles, lady in her 60's that drove it... it lived its entire life in Abilene, TX (west Texas/desert area).

I have spent the last 4 nights, and all of today (Saturday) detailing JUST the outside (I have a total of 20 hours invested into the paint detail alone). I used to detail cars for a living back in college, so I can definitely bring neglected paint back to life - and I think I've come close to accomplish that, but the original owner SUCKED WITH TOUCH UP PAINT and used 1.) the wrong color and 2.) used too much of it, so I'm stuck with that.

The 18x7.5" +30 TE37's that I bought from a member here several years ago that I had on my 1998 EX CG5, I sold to a friend when I sold that car and he put them on his Nissan Cube. He sold his cube and I offered to buy them back (WAY before I bought this accord LOL), he accepted. So I have TE37's that I put back on this accord.

YES, I know it needs to be lowered - that is in the plans, but I want to get the maintenance up to snuff FIRST. Timing belt service, o2 sensors, etc.

Without further ado, here are a few post-exterior detail pics... I still want to do some more cleaning up of the paint, as it was in really rough shape (haze and oxidation on the top surfaces and tops of the doors). It really cleaned up well.

RB26DETT powered Z32 is still around and kicking. Our house we built not too long ago we ended up selling and buying 20 acres out in the country with a little farm house on it (and built a nice 60x50' shop), with plans on building a new house out here. It's been a crazy few years.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Your car looks clean, But those te37's would look 10x better once you drop it.
Smart decision doing the maintenance first.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I love those wheels but they just don't go with the car...
I'm sure once it's lowered it will look better but still not sure about the theme

ZFreak

Reaction score
Doing the timing belt service (and all seals/gaskets), along with cleaning out the EGR port. It's throwing a P1491 CEL and I'm sure that's the culprit - as was the case with both of my two old 6th gen's. Also replacing the 02 sensors, VTEC spool valve gasket/screen, all belts and hoses, radiator cap, gas cap (all OEM parts of course), and so on...... then off to the stereo shop to get the windows tinted and better speakers/head unit.

I'm going to do the suspension and roll the rear fenders AFTER this. (S-tech TEIN springs, Tokikos, Ingalls Camber kit front and rear)

Back