Totaled 2000 EX 5-spd, Value?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Yeah when a part the car is keyed deep enough, the whole part will have to be repainted so there isn't any misimperfections and uneven paint pattern. That's why insurances will kinda assume you did it yourself sometimes for a free paint job, minus the deductable.

You'll probably get $4,500 depending who you do insurance with. AAA from what I heard just loves to total loss the cars; state farm, all state, geico, and etc will rather repair than salvage it.

Gl with the lawsuit if you plan to file one, hope for the best of your situation aswell.

Bax

Reaction score
I got $5600 for my 99 V6 sedan Lx that was totaled in February 2012.
180k miles, I kept it very clean. No serious issues with it cosmetically in or out.

You won't get any extra money for anything aftermarket like speakers, radio, etc. So take out what you can replace with an oem part, so you can either put it in your next car or sell it.

Here is my old car, with pics of the wreck. Hopefully this gives you an idea of what will happen with yours.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36948

Btw I had State Farm insurance, but the lady that caused the wreck had Allstate.
Whether or not it's totaled has to do with if the amount it will cost to fix is 75% or more of the value of the car. This depends on whether or not your insurance company will use oem parts or aftermarket in the repair, and other variables. Has nothing to do with their preference.

Last edited:

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I'd like to think even with the shape of those rear seats, You'd survive if sitting in the back. just a bit uncomfortable. It's crazy to see how stiff the C pillar bar is in an event.. hope you heal :)

ey361995

Reaction score
I had a 98 auto 4 cyl ex WITH 140k miles on it and they gave me 5200 bucks. it had tint a system and spotless everywhere. Youll probably get a good amount

lenz973

Reaction score
Glad you came out of that accident ok. The car definitely seems as if she was going the full 35 mph when you got hit. The pictures clearly show how clean and spotless it looks inside and out. Hope you get the value you're looking for from the insurance company.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Dude, glad you came out of that one in relatively good shape!

What kind of car do you plan on getting next? Another Accord or something completely different?

Oh, and from past experience, remove your plates and keep them for yourself.

doubleclutch

Reaction score
I had a 00 civic Dx with no options. My buddy who owns a customs and repair shop said insurance looks at condition of the car, tires, cleanliness, etc not so much custom components or performance add ons. strip it clean with OEM if you can. If my no options civic DX sedan with 167k got me 4800, you should get more. glad to hear youre ok

MusicMan374

Reaction score
I got $5600 for my 99 V6 sedan Lx that was totaled in February 2012.
180k miles, I kept it very clean. No serious issues with it cosmetically in or out.

You won't get any extra money for anything aftermarket like speakers, radio, etc. So take out what you can replace with an oem part, so you can either put it in your next car or sell it.

Here is my old car, with pics of the wreck. Hopefully this gives you an idea of what will happen with yours.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36948

Btw I had State Farm insurance, but the lady that caused the wreck had Allstate.
Whether or not it's totaled has to do with if the amount it will cost to fix is 75% or more of the value of the car. This depends on whether or not your insurance company will use oem parts or aftermarket in the repair, and other variables. Has nothing to do with their preference.

YIKES! What happened in that accident? My first guess would be t-bone but the damage runs the entire length of the car!

Thank you all for the advice. Sounds like maybe I should even be expecting $5000 at least, considering I only had 111000 miles and just a few dents and scratches. Maybe that full detail I just had will go a long way with the valuation of the car.

I took my rear 6x9 Kicker coaxials speakers out because they will fit the car I'm getting, but the front ones I'm leaving because they won't fit, plus I don't really feel like taking the door panels off. Man, I just dynamatted my doors too. Oh well. I also took my Alpine power pack mini-amp but I left the head unit. The head unit was there when I bought the car, plus it's really old. If I want a new sound system in the new car, I'll buy a new head unit with better features. Of course, Friday I went and stripped everything out of it I wanted (Yeah I got the front license plate but the rear license plate probably wouldn't come off even if I tried), but the only thing I forgot was a CD that was actually in the cd player at the time, so now I have to go back tomorrow and get it, not a huge deal.

I'm getting a 2006 mitsubishi galant ES 2.4l 4cyl with 56,000 miles on it. Not an accord, but from what I read, still a decent car of comparable quality. My great uncle's former assistant was diagnosed with some degenerative mental illness a year ago and she'll never leave the mental institution, so she gave him this car, and he doesn't want it, so he's giving it to me for free. So whatever money I get from the settlement I can use to have this car checked out (since it's been sitting for almost a year), and customize it however I want. So it'll be pretty nice. Here's a picture: http://sdrv.ms/19hiUak It's white. Don't think it has a moonroof (going to miss that) and it has steel wheels (probably will pick up some alloys to put on it), but it's free, and in incredible condition with incredibly low miles. Pretty damn lucky.

For those of you with totaled hondas, did you have to fight for that dollar amount or was that their first offer for settlement? Did they lowball you first?

Edit: If the adjuster tries to lowball, my argument is going to be that the sum of all of the parts of the car that can be taken off and sold (so obviously nothing in the back of the car) is at LEAST $4000, making the car worth more than that. I mean hell, an engine in perfect condition with only 111k on it, a working transmission, and the passenger doors are probably worth $3,000 by themselves, now add in all of the interior parts, the HVAC control unit, the seats, the moonroof and moonroof mechanism, the dashboard pieces, it's all got to add up to at LEAST $4,000, making the full working car before the accident worth at least $5,000.

Oh, and the spare tire survived the accident. Wasn't sure how at first, but when I thought about it, the spare tire has to support the weight of the car through cornering and such, so it makes sense that it withstood an accident. It broke the bolt that bolted it to the frame, but the wheel and tire are both intact. Still has pressure even. That's probably worth something at a junkyard.

Last edited:

ey361995

Reaction score
Interesting to see what you are going to make of that car. I dont know jack $@#% about Mitsubishis lol. Good luck then :coffee:

MusicMan374

Reaction score
Well, insurance adjuster gave me the offer today. $7321. I couldn't believe it. He said from what he saw, he could tell is was really well cared for. He asked if I had just put a new engine in it because it looked so clean. Other than a few dents and scratches (which are expected on a 13 year old car) he said it was in excellent condition and he classified it as "dealer ready" condition. I'm very happy with his valuation. The $300~ I spent on the full interior and exterior detail (and engine detail/degrease) a couple of weeks ago probably added $2000 to the adjuster's valuation of the car haha. I don't think I could've sold it for that much. Thank you all for the suggestions. Now for the damaged property and personal injury claims, which hopefully will go as smoothly.:ugh:

Back