Totaled 2000 EX 5-spd, Value?

mrnude

Reaction score
good luck dude reminds me of when my brother got the civic totaled, luckily we got good compensation hope you do too

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Well, insurance adjuster gave me the offer today. $7321. I couldn't believe it. He said from what he saw, he could tell is was really well cared for. He asked if I had just put a new engine in it because it looked so clean. Other than a few dents and scratches (which are expected on a 13 year old car) he said it was in excellent condition and he classified it as "dealer ready" condition. I'm very happy with his valuation. The $300~ I spent on the full interior and exterior detail (and engine detail/degrease) a couple of weeks ago probably added $2000 to the adjuster's valuation of the car haha. I don't think I could've sold it for that much. Thank you all for the suggestions. Now for the damaged property and personal injury claims, which hopefully will go as smoothly.:ugh:

So awesome! Glad you got properly compensated for your car. I'm actually surprised that you got so much seeing as our cars are so old now. Still though, glad all this is working out for you so far. Hope the rest goes just as smoothly.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i got my 99 accord auto leather with 155k i payed 5k. insurance liberty mutual gave me 9500.this was back in 2005 depends on insurance company

Last edited:

dadams

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are doing well, and awesome news on the price the adjuster gave you. One things has been bugging me about the pics you posted. What kind of car hit you? Not that it matters. I have been trying to figure it out and havent.

Bax

Reaction score
YIKES! What happened in that accident? My first guess would be t-bone but the damage runs the entire length of the car!

For those of you with totaled hondas, did you have to fight for that dollar amount or was that their first offer for settlement? Did they lowball you first?

I was on my way to class one morning, about 6:30am in a thunderstorm this bitch was speeding, she hydroplaned, spun like 180 then smacked into my driver's side. It wasn't rough on me at all, I guess because the roads were so wet I just slid down the road lol.

And in my case the adjuster for our insurance is a friend of my dad, so he kind of hooked us up with the top dollar estimate. Cgs around here run a little higher than other places, I got a 5 speed lx sedan almost identical to my old V6, and it was $5200. Everyone gets them for cheaper, but cars seem to be more expensive here. I guess they hold their value because we don't have salt on the roads to rust up the cars? I'm not really sure, haha.

MusicMan374

Reaction score
The car that hit me was an Audi Q-series SUV, 2008. I don't remember which model, it was an Audi SUV though. Her car is pretty messed up too, but since it's only 5 years old and worth a lot more money, it might not be totaled. Her unibody frame got pretty crunched though, she had trouble opening her door and stuff. I wouldn't be that surprised if it was totaled.

Back