6th Gen Forced Induction members and their numbers

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
graph_zpsbe77c775.jpg

Nice Graph,still have bugs in 1st/2nd gear misfire. Shop is leaning towards factory ignition system blowing spark. Will have the car until next week +.
Want this thing perfect. Been almost 2 years.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
They took them out infront of me and put them to .030
told me I need to replace the o ring seals around the spark tubes.2 are ripped and hanging inside the tub.

akoutmos

Reaction score
I had the accord down to 25 and my civic down to 20. What heat range are your plugs?

akoutmos

Reaction score
The go to turbo Honda plug :). Works great. I would try to tighten the gap little by little and see at what point the problem goes away if at all. Wouldn't go smaller than 20 thousandths though. If it still cuts out at that point...probably a different problem. I was running 20 pounds on the civic and on OEM coil had no problem at 20 thousandths.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Thanks man,I kept the car at the shop and see what they decide. I found the MSD 6A digital ignition with SS coil from summit racing, I can get next day ship for free for 229$ together. Then just going to run the AEM boost solenoid (97$) and just wire the 2 wires into the EMS and run it that way to get rid of any boost spikes. But they told me not to buy anything until the tuner comes back and checks it out.

So figured upgrading the systems will be best all around.

edit: offtopic,but will removing the EGR valve gain any power? or anything else I could do to gain hidden or lose power. Im kinda afraid of getting the unorthodox crank pulley.

akoutmos

Reaction score
I would never run a solid crank pulley when the motor relies on it for dampening. Unless you are replacing it with a performance harmonic balancer (like ATI or fluidampr), i would stick to stock.

I would think so long as AEM is not configured to drive the EGR solenoid, the solenoid would always be in a closed state and removing it would not really net you any benefits. I don't have any data to back this up, but I don't think it will free up any power if removed.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Okay,so best bet is get tired of the cars power or wait till it blows,and then buy a spare motor and build it from ground up and make a monster! :)

Back