Gauge cluster, AC controls, and clock wont glow

phi1542

Reaction score
Hi bought some LED's for my gauge cluster and they came in today. i installed them but for some reason none of them light up except the odometer. before i did the install the only thing that glowed were my gauges(except odometer) and aftermarket head unit. nothing else glowed. after the install my odometer started to work but the gauge cluster didnt glow at all. at first a small portion glowed(the pic) but after switching them around it went back to not glowing. i tried flipping all the LEDs so i know its not positive/negative issue. Could this be a fuse issue? im clueless about the cars electrical system so just looking for some help thanks

tumblr_mu2t3bwzrU1qcn3b9o1_500.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There are some extra fuses in the fusebox under the hood (the fuse puller is also here). A 7.5A (amp) fuse should be replaced with a 7.5A fuse, 10A with a 10A, etc. You can find this designation on the fuse itself, or in your owners manual in the fuse diagrams. If you need to buy fuses, just take the dead fuse to an auto parts store and ask a clerk.

Or just go to the fuse section and buy a replacement, they are usually sold in a pack. Compare the size and amp rating, and you’ll be good.

Brad2274

Reaction score
you should have spares of most types near the blown fuse, if you dont see the one you need, check all 3 fuse boxes(driver, passenger, and under hood) if not id be wondering where they all went lol

phi1542

Reaction score
you should have spares of most types near the blown fuse, if you dont see the one you need, check all 3 fuse boxes(driver, passenger, and under hood) if not id be wondering where they all went lol

lol stupid question but how do you know if its a spare... will it just be sitting somewhere or will it be plugged in somewhere? i checked under the hood the fuse box is on the top left corner and all fuses are plugged in. i dont see spares sitting around haha

Brad2274

Reaction score
plugged in, look at the inside of the fuse box cover when you remove it(interior) there's a sticker with the fuse locations and should say which ones are spares.
Same thing for the under the hood one but the locations are on the top of the fuse box cover, it says which are spares and you just pull whatever one you need(7.5,20, 10, etc)

phi1542

Reaction score
plugged in, look at the inside of the fuse box cover when you remove it(interior) there's a sticker with the fuse locations and should say which ones are spares.
Same thing for the under the hood one but the locations are on the top of the fuse box cover, it says which are spares and you just pull whatever one you need(7.5,20, 10, etc)

ok thanks! hopefully this works.. ill give it a shot when i get home. im praying its just the fuses and not something bigger/expensive problem :(

Back