New speakers don't fit, suggestions?/multiplexer?

justin_l_

Reaction score
I picked up some Pioneer TS-A1605C from crutchfield. There site said they fit with modification to the back of the mounting cup. I cut out the back and that fits all fine and dandy, but the mounting holes are to far outboard to thread into anything. I'm thinking about making an adapter plate out of wood if I can't come up with any other ideas. I'm open to ideas from others. I'd post pics to clarify but I can't post links for 7 days...

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Re: New speakers don't fit, suggestions?

That's a good idea if you can work with wood, cut out a "spacer", my speakers came with a plastic piece that goes between the speaker and the rear dash...my issue was that a magnet was hitting metal rods,that act like a spring for the trunk lid(coupe), plastic piece acted like a spacer to bring the speaker up a bit...same thing in front, magnet was hitting the window glass when it's down...little trimming and it's in

justin_l_

Reaction score
Ok. I made some "custom" spacers to mount the speakers in the door out of some wood. Same idea as the factory piece except no cup and wider mounting surface so I can mount the new speakers.

Now I'm reading into this multiplexer thing. Am I wrong in thinking this is some sort of body control module? Either way I have a Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD head unit, it's a double din unit. I need to wire up the illumination. I have seen threads that say you can't wire it up to the orange illumination wire but I have seen conflicting statements about the orange/white wire.

Tempted to just try to see what happens if I do hook up orange/white, but don't feel like replacing stuff just because I was curious. If there truly is too much load on the circuit couldn't you just wire a relay for the dimmer? Any input would be great.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Not sure about that orange wire bro, but I do know if you short the headunit, there is a chance you can blow the multiplexor. Costs about $55 to replace, and I happen to have a few :waytogo:. If that's your problem, I could surely compromise on the price for a friend.

justin_l_

Reaction score
Good to hear Nikita, makes me a little less worried about tracking one of these down. Orange/white it is, hope for the best :thumbsup: Hopefully I can get it finished up tomorrow night, as long as I get the driveway cleaned up from all this damn snow.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Text me with the exact specs from your car (Trim, engine, year) to make sure I have the right one for you, in case it does blow if that turns out to be the problem then you will for sure be covered.

Slim

Reaction score
I never hooked up the orange wire, that's just to dim the head unit along with your dash lights when you turn the dimmer.

justin_l_

Reaction score
So I just installed the tweeters and door speakers, that sucked. I found the easiest way to run the wiring for the tweeters is pulling the fuse panels on both sizes, glove box and vent/slide out storage compartment on the drivers side. I zip tied the cross over to metal bracing by the stereo under the dash.

Now I need to figure out what I am going to do for speaker grills on dash. Who designs fake speaker grills.... So dumb! Debating wether I'm going to drill out the holes with a small drill or if I'm going to just drill a 1 3/4 hole and mount the tweeter into it. Long term I need to search some junk yards and find a set of actual grills.

Back